CHAPTER 12: Going To Get MY Mate!!

ELI

I was really hungover on Sunday and yet really pissed off at the fact that I not only slept with Ivy but that I allowed myself to start and accept the fact that Leah was my mate.

After I kicked Ivy out on Sunday morning and after feeling a lot better, Rick pulled me aside and told me that he took Leah home cause she had to get back and was told that I left with Ivy. Then I explained to him that was only cause I was told she left with a football player.

The more we talked about it, the more we then figured out who it was that caused the whole cluster fuck and finally figured out it was Ivy.

Which is why, before I kicked her out I threatened her and her whole family's lives what would happen if she ever came near me or Leah ever again.

I had never seen her shaken up so much in terror. But that's what I wanted her to feel to make sure she understood.

I felt like an asshole. Maybe cause I am an asshole and I fucked up and believed some slut rather than just look more for Leah Saturday. Shit, now she thinks I ditched her when that's exactly what I thought she did to me.

So when today (aka Monday) came around, I was ready to try and explain things to her. However, throughout the entire day, I noticed she had done everything she could to try and avoid me.

At least until the period she had Study Hall.

So I waited right beside her locker on the edge to where she couldn't see me and out of pure luck, she came walking down the hall towards her locker and right as she got what she wanted, that's when I came from out of the corner and held her against the locker. She looked terrified and was not looking for that, but this was my one chance to explain.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked her.

"I'm not." She says lying.

"Why are you lying?" I ask her.

"I'm not lying. Please let me go." She says as she looks like she's on the verge of tears.

"Not until you tell me why you're avoiding me." I demand this time.

"Because, I have nothing to say to you." She says.

"Well, I have something to say to you and you're gonna listen." I tell her.

"I don't have to. You bailed on me Saturday night. I thought you'd be a good friend but you weren't and then to make matters worse, you even called and told my uncle." She cries a little.

"What? No. I never called your uncle. And about Saturday, there was a misunderstanding and I know I fucked up by believing that slut Ivy but, I swear, I thought you had gone home with a football player." I tell her.

"Wow, you'd really believe that wouldn't you? I mean why not? I AM the biggest slut in school. So why not?!" She cries out.

"No. You're not. That's some stupid and pathetic rumor that I will make sure dies very soon. But please, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened that night and that night at the bowling alley when I practically called you a slut cause of Ivy's brother. I'm sorry about that." I begin apologizing which I have never done before.

"Are you about to die or something? Os that why you're apologizing? Want to get in the good lord's favor? Well fine then, I forgive you. But not for calling my uncle." She cries out and pushes me away.

"Wait, I swear I didn't call your fucking uncle. Besides, why is that so..." I began as I grabbed her wrist and turned her around to face me and she screamed in pain and then held her stomach.

"Please leave me alone." She cries out.

"What the hell is going on Leah? Why are you afraid of him?" I asked.

"Please. Just. leave me. Alone." She sobs and then quickly releases her hand from my grasp as I stand and watch her stumble back to class.

I was curious as to why she was terrified about her uncle knowing she was out? Even though I know who called but, what the hell is going on? Why is is she so afraid of him?

I ask Rick if he has seen or heard anything that night he dropped her off.

"Nah. I mean, she seemed real worried about going into the house but..." Be stops himself as he looks as though he's remembering something. "Wait, but I do remember my friend, Marissa, told me the other day that while changing during gym, she saw bruises on a few deep scars on Leah's body." He tells me and we both look at each other shocked and then I start getting mad.

"Alright. Find out what you can about her uncle and I need her address and everything right away!" I tell him.

"Okay." He says as he gets on his phone then and there and begins making a few calls.

I swear if I find out he has hurt her, I will slit his throat open and watch sure he bleeds out.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't focus on anything but Leah and confirmation about her uncle.

Finally, a few hours after school was over, Rick got information about Leah's parents, which wasn't much other than their deaths and then information about her uncle.

I felt horrible with what happened to her parents as they had both died in a car accident as my dad had died as well.

Then when it got to her uncle, that was when the rage returned only full on.

Rick was trying to calm me down.

"Woah woah. Bro, you gotta calm down!" He tries and tells me.

"THAT SICK FUCKER TOUCHED MY LUNA! AND I DIDN'T STOP IT!" I snap at him as I begin pacing back and forth. "But that changes now. Get the guys, we're gonna go get my mate!" I say.

Rick doesn't say anything, he just nods his head in agreement and then rounds up the guys and we find her address and start heading out.