CHAPTER 28: The Ball

LEAH

I was glad to know that all of this was real and that he was really here for me.

We take a seat on the bed and he begins to go over his plan with me.

After I hear him out and agree in his idea and we stand up and kiss each other, there's a knock on the door and quickly I have him hide in the closet while I fix myself real quick.

"Come in?!" I say.

The door opens and in walks Zeus who is all dressed up in a nice tuxedo.

"My lady. Shall we head downstairs and join my father for going over the plans?" He asks.

I take in a deep breath and remember what Eli told me and just nod my head and puts on a convincing smile. "Yes." I replied.

I then leave with my arm looped through his as we shut the door behind us.

As we made our way further down the hall to the end where there was a room that's door was already opened.

"Father?" Zeus says as he knocks on the door.

"Come in you two." Jay grins while finishing tying up his tie.

He then walks over and sits behind a desk and then has us come and sit in the two chairs in front of him.

"So what's the plan?" Zeus asks him.

"It's the same. You..." He says as he looks at me. "You will announce my son as your mate and that you accept as yours. Then after everybody cheers and applauds, that is when you will also, announce me as your soon-to-be father-in-law." He smiles.

I wanted to spit in his face and kill both him and Zeus as I felt nothing but disgust for them both. However, I kept reminding myself to play along. Cause Eli and his guys were here.

"Fine." I reply.

"Good. But, that sounded a little too good. You agreed too fast." He says.

I take a big gulp. "I-I'm just not wanting anyone to get hurt." I say.

Him and Zeus both look at me questioningly. Until finally he smiles.

"Alright. So, let's get this party started." He says.

"Hell yeah!" Zeus says and we all get up and begin heading out towards the stairs where we will be announced before walking down.

That was really close I thought to myself. I thought I was dead cause I blew it. But luckily, he bought it.

The ball had begun and after we were announced, I suddenly had gotten nervous as we started walking down the stairs.

It felt wrong. It was wrong. I needed to have done this with Eli. In which, I know I will soon.

As soon as we got downstairs, I started looking around for Eli and his guys but didn't see them. Just a room full of strangers who are most likely here cause of their social status and the free food and drinks.

I was introduced to several people but to me they were all a bunch of strangers.

Then it came time for us to eat. Which I soon found out that unless there's a Queen, everyone has to wait for her or the Princess to begin eating and stops eating when she does. Kind of like how the Queen of England does. Which in a way was weird to me and a little uncomfortable, however, I quickly thought at how great to my advantage this would be. This way, I can be very slow and buy some time for Eli and his guys.

So we all take a seat at this huge long table with other long tables surrounding us and the first course out of 3 or 4, I had found out was placed in front of us. This didn't even look like real food.

Well actually, the first course was soup and it literally looked like cilantro avocado dressing, except it was soupy and it tasted really bad.

Then the next course came along and then another. I didn't care too much for the food so it kindove helped with the eating slow part and then after eating and dessert, it was time to announce me accepting Zeus as my mate.

However, I thought that during the dinner, I would see Eli and his guys try to follow through with their plan but they didn't.

As everyone was making their way back into the main ballroom where the announcement would be made soon, I started to feel nervous. He was nowhere to be found and I couldn't smell him. Where was he and his guys?

As me and Zeus were announced by a woman who looked to be in her early 50's and looked beautiful.

While making our way up the stairs, with my arm looped through Zeus' I became more nervous than I ever felt then we stood by her side.

"It is so wonderful to have you back home, Princess." She says in the microphone with a smile.

Everyone starts applauding.

I put on a fake smile and I felt Zeus' hand grip tightly onto my arm, causing me to flinch.

I glare at him and then notice where he's looking at straight ahead. It's Eli and Rick with a couple of his guys.

"Don't try anything." Zeus leans over and quietly says in my ear.

I look at Eli and see the rage filling in his eyes as he looks at Zeus gripping my arm hard.

Then suddenly, the double front doors of the castle burst open, as do the other doors were bursts opened as well, and a bunch of wolves came running in, causing everyone to try and leave, except for Zeus' men of course.

As soon as I see a bunch of wolves running around and attacking Zeus' and Jays' men, I stomped onto Zeus' foot with my heel, causing him to let go and yell out in pain, giving me a chance to run away. Which I did except for two large hands stopped me and grabbed me around the waist and began carrying me away and into some random room.