CHAPTER 7: You Know Her?!

LEAH

By the time I came home last night, my uncle was asleep already in his room, thank god, cause it also meant I would miss him this morning before I headed off to work.

It was few hours into my shift at the bakery, when I saw Ivy, her friends along with her brother, had come in with her also. Which made me suddenly begin to feel the same fear I had felt that night between the wolf and Ivy's brother.

"Hey slut! Didn't know you worked here." I heard Ivy say while her friends were laughing.

"What can I get you guys?" I asked them, ignoring her comment.

"I'll take two eclairs, one fruit tart, twelve donuts, four tall frappucinos to go and several of those delicious brownies over there." She says with a fake smile.

"Okay. That'll be $42.15." I told her.

"I got it sis." Her brother says to her as she looks at me before looking back at him and winks. Then she turns to look at her friends behind her and low-and-behold, the asshole that tried to assault me started handing me the money.

I was frozen as flashbacks of what he said and tried to do to me played in my head. Oh my god, this rapist was her brother? 'Great!' I thought to myself. Just what I needed.

"Out of sixty." I say while taking it and getting his change and avoiding eye contact and hoped that the other night he was too drunk and had forgotten all about me and what happened. But of course he didn't, I suddenly realize while I start to hand back his change and he grabs my hand and leans in closer towards my face and threatens me under his breath.

"Don't think I forgot about that bullshit stunt you pulled the other night. I ALWAYS finish what I start." He grins and winks at me.

I try not to draw any attention and hurry to get their stuff so they can quickly leave.

Throughout the rest of the day, everything else went smoothly as I had tried hard not to think about what Ivy's brother told me earlier.

As it got closer to closing, I quickly called for a cab to pick me up and take me home when I got off work, so that I didn't have to worry about having a similar incident happen like the other night.

As I quickly began to put my phone away, I hear the bell above the door ring. One last customer. That's fine by me.

When I look up to see who it was, I saw the last person I wanted to see.....Eli? Really? Did I piss the universe off or something? And why wasn't he at Ivy's party?

Tonight was 'The Big party'. The rave of the school that I overheard people say was the rage since freshman year. Not that I was invited or anything, which I don't care anyways because I'm not much of a party goer.

The moment he looked around and his eyes landed on me, he smiled and started to walk up towards the counter and sat on one of the stools.

"What can I get you?" I asked him while playing the nice waitress character.

"A cup of coffee and I'll take a couple of those brownies over there." He says.

"Okay. Will that be all?" I ask him.

"For now." He smirks.

That smirk of his is mischievous as it makes me think he's gonna mess with me.

"That'll be $13.61." I say.

"Here, keep the change." He says while handing me a twenty dollar bill.

"Thanks." I said as I start heading over towards the register and grab a couple of brownies and hand them to him along with his cup of coffee.

Before walking away, he stops me and asks, "Wait. Why are you working here on a Saturday? Did Cathy seriously ask you to work weekends instead of having fun?" He asks.

"Well, first of all, I asked to work the weekends and second of all, I don't like going to parties and getting wasted. Plus, how do you know the owner?" I ask him curiously.

Before he could reply, we hear Martin and Cathy come walking out of the kitchen.

"Well if it isn't my little nephew." Cathy says.

Nephew? Oh my god. You have got to be kidding me. I just can't catch a fucking break.

"Hey aunt Cathy." He says as they hug each other. "Hey Uncle Martin." He says to him as they hug also.

"Good to see you boy. What brings you here?" Martin asks him.

"Oh just, wanted to have some of your famous brownies." He says as he winks and smiles at me.

Suddenly, I feel a bit uncomfortable and decide to ask if I can leave a few minutes early.

"Uhm, excuse me, can I possibly leave a little early? I have a lot of homework that I need to do." I lie.

"Sure. We'll see you tomorrow." Cathy says.

"Okay. Goodnight." I reply.

Then I start to head out and luckily, my cab arrives just as I walked out and I felt a sense of relief as I got in the cab to take me home.

As soon as I got home and walked through the door, I'm not sure why, but I was greeted by my uncle who apparently wasn't working the late nights, especially on weekends, anymore.

It's official, I began telling myself in my head. I pissed off the universe in some way and now she hates me just enough to cause this much havoc in my life.

"Somebody's late." He grins.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I tell him and then start making my way towards my room but he stops me by standing in front of me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks.

"I'm tired." I tell him.

"Come on, it's Saturday. Besides, I have a friend over. Why don't you keep us company." He slurs his words.

"I'm really tired. Please, can I just go to bed?" I ask him.

"Not yet. It's still early." He says as he takes another swig out of his glass of brandy and grabs my arm and starts pulling me back downstairs towards the living room where his friend who also happens to be drunk as well, comes stumbling out of the bathroom with a beer bottle in his hand and was a tall tatted guy in his mid forties, who had slicked back hair and had a little beer gut.

"Is this her?" He slurs.

"Yes. Isn't she beautiful?" He says to the guy.

"Mhmm." The drunk guy says as he licks his lips.

"Please. I want to go to sleep." I turn and start to beg my uncle.

"Don't you wanna have some fun? My friend and I want to play a game with you." He says.

"No. Please." I start to cry.

"Pff. Let the cow go." The drunk guy says. "We'll play with her some other night." He comments before finishing his beer.

My uncle then lets me go and I quickly head into my room, locking the door behind me.

I took a shower and scrubbed my body clean, as I felt completely dirty. I swear, what a way to end my night. My uncle and his new creepy friend who I have to worry about now is just what I needed. Not to mention that I won't pay for what I did and said tonight.

I cry myself to sleep tonight as sadness and darkness consumes me while also thinking about how much better things would be if my parents were alive and I wasn't stuck with my uncle.