CHAPTER 26: Is This Really Happening?

LEAH

I woke up by someone slapping my face hard and realized my wrists were tied together and I was hanging from the ceiling by chains.

"Wakey wakey!" I heard an all too familiar creepy voice. "Good morning Princess." Jay grins at me.

"Where's Eli?" I ask.

"Don't worry, he'll join us soon." He grins creepy again.

"You will never get away with this." I tell him.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" He asks I know jokingly.

"Because my Alpha is way more of an Alpha than you and he will destroy both you and your pathetic son." I tell him.

Both him, Zeus and a few of their guys here start laughing.

"Oh Princess. How I admire your humor. You know, tonight is the night of the ball. And instead of you announcing you accepting Eli as your mate, you will accept Zeus." He says.

"Never. I would rather die." I reply back in disgust.

"I thought about that. But then, I realized, I would need you to get into the royal family. And my son is more than capable of becoming a great King. And don't worry, you will learn to love him." He smiles.

"No I wont. I never will. I will deny him and...." I began but was interrupted by him.

"Princess, you don't have a choice. You see if you deny my son as your mate in front of everyone, I will kill your dear Alpha, along with his pack and his mother. I will torture them slowly until they gasp their last breath. And we both know I'm capable of doing that. Then blood will be on your hands and who could trust a Princess that murdered such a well known and respected Alpha?!" He says.

"Please. Please, just, I'll do whatever you want, just leave them alone." I began to beg with tears.

"Oh we know." He smiles. "Now, as for tonight, you are going to dress presentable and be convincing to everyone. Understood?" He asks.

I try and fight back more tears but they just continue to fall as I nod my head in agreement.

"Good." He says.

I see him nod to one of his men who come over and don't untie my wrists, but take me down from the chains and grab a hold of my arm tightly as they begin pulling me towards upstairs where my room is where they throws me inside and let me know a woman will be in here soon to help me get dressed and ready.

As I looked around the room, it looked more like a penthouse suite. Almost like an apartment.

Then I heard a light knock on the door and in walked a woman who looked to be in her mid forties and had half dark black hair and half silver strands of hair. She was beautiful.

"Good afternoon Princess." She says gently as she curtsies.

"Good afternoon. Please, don't need to address me as that and don't need to curtsy or bow." I assure her with a smile.

"Thank you Miss." She replies.

"My name is Leah. You can call me Leah. And here, let me help you." I tell her as I grab the dress and lay it out onto the bed.

"Thank you." She smiles as she lays everything else on the bed.

"You're welcome. And wow, I don't know if I will be able to fit in this." I start thinking as I see it looks really small.

"That's where this comes in." She says holding up a corset.

"Uhhhh. Didn't that make a lot of women pass out back in the day?" I asked.

"Yes but, this is what a Princess where's and I promise, I will try and not make it too tight." She smiles.

"Okay." I tell her.

I undress myself and she first puts on the corset and has me hold onto the bed post as she begins lacing and tightening it. Which does make me gasp a little at the fact that I have never worn anything that was tight before. Other than my leggings.

Then after she was done, which it was uncomfortable, but still could breathe, she then helped me put on the next layer. Which I forgot how many layers you have to wear. Oh my gosh, I don't think I could get used to this.

After she was done with everything, including my hair and makeup, she left and closed the door behind her.

She told me that I still had a couple of hours before the ball.

As soon as she closed the door, I sat down on the bed and cried in my hands as I didn't want this. At least not without Eli.

I wipe away my tears before I ruin my makeup and I look up and see a floor length mirror in front of me.

So I get up and walk up to it and look at myself.

I don't recognize the person looking back at me. This isn't me. It can't be.

Sure I look beautiful with all these fancy clothes on me and don't get me wrong, it's nice in a way, but it doesn't feel like me.

The more I stare into the mirror, the more sad I was.

Then I saw Eli walking slowly up behind me through the mirror.

I close my eyes tightly as I begin thinking it's just a dream, he isn't really here. Then I feel his hands gently grabbing my waist and as soon as I turn around, I feel his hand lifting my chin up to face him and hear his deep soft husky voice.

"Open your eyes my love." He says.

"No." I say while fighting back tears. "Cause I know that as soon as I open them up, I will wake up and you won't be here." I tell him.

"Please love. I am really here. Please open up those beautiful hazel eyes." He begs.

I then open them up and see that he really is there. This isn't a dream.

I quickly wrap my arms around his neck and we kiss and hold one another.

"You look beautiful." He says to me.