CHAPTER 4: I Don't Need A Luna!!

ELI

When the guys and I showed up to school this morning and headed into Mrs. Kople's class, I noticed Leah wasn't there. So I took MY seat by the window again as I noticed she hadn't been sitting in this seat since the first day I talked to her and suddenly I began thinking that maybe she decided to switch classes. In which good, less I'd have to deal with.

Then during the last half hour of class, the door opens up and I'm hit in the face with a big amount of Leah's scent.

I noticed she was looking down a little bit and avoiding eye contact with everyone including the teacher as she handed her the note and then took a seat in second row, closest to the door and slumped down in her chair

What the hell was up with her? Is she trying to hide her face cause she looks hideous today or what? Which I doubt cause I don't think she looks ugly or anything.

Rick then elbowed me and leaned over to talk.

"Hey, we still going to Ivy's party Saturday night?" He asks.

"yeah." I tell him.

Then for some reason I look back at Leah and continue to glance over at her throughout the rest of class.

Once the bell rang, just like she did the first day, she walked out the classroom as quickly as possible.

I didn't try and go after her this time though. Although my inner wolf wanted to badly.

Throughout the rest of the day, me and my guys were talking about the big party Ivy was having in a couple of days.

I needed to have some fun. All of this last Summer, except for my birthday, had involved training for me becoming the Alpha of my pack. It was the final training I needed.

Once school was over, I headed back to the house with the guys and waiting inside at the dining table, was my mom.

"Mom! What are you doing here?" I asked her surprised.

"Well hello to you too son." She smiles.

"Sorry mom. I just wasn't expecting you." I reply as I walk over to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek as the guys did the same.

"That's alright son. But I do need to speak with you alone about some serious matters." She says.

"Of course." I tell her. "Guys, I'll be back out and then we'll go." I tell them as my mom and I head to the office.

Once inside the office, we take a seat and close the door behind us.

"Sweetie, I'm not gonna take up too much of your time and I do hate to bring this up again, however, we are running out of time." She states.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You must choose your mate soon. Because when the night comes for you to announce to all packs around the world that you are Alpha, you must have your Luna beside you to finalize it." She says.

"Mom, I already told you. I can be just like Uncle Jay. I can still be a great Alpha without a Luna. I mean, I don't need a woman to help make me and my pack strong." I remind her.

"Despite rather or not you are against it, the Moon Goddess has spoken. This is not just some tradition or something you can break and ignore. This is fate and destiny telling you that to become one of THE best Alpha's there is and to be accepted, you must have a Luna. Also, please do not compare yourself ever to your Uncle. He isn't the best example. " She explains.

"FIne. But mom, what if I don't find her right now? The Ball for the announcement is five months away and I doubt that I will find a 'Luna' by then, especially from school, I mean, the only option I have is Ivy and...." I begin to explain but she stops me.

"Stop right there. We both know she is not Luna material and can not and WILL not bare our last name." She tells me.

My mom and I both look at each other for a brief moment until I take in a breath and let it out, feeling as I always do when I know I lost an argument with my mom.

"Mom, I will take in consideration that I need to find my Luna. But if I don't, then what?" I tell her.

"We will figure something else out when we cross that bridge. But you must promise me that you will be opened and aware for her in case she comes along." She tells me.

"Okay. I will." I tell her. Little does she know though that I may have already found my mate but am not ready to have a Luna just yet.

"Good. Now you boys go and be careful tonight." She tells me as she stands up.

"We won't." I joke.

We both share a quick laugh and hug one another before I escort her out.

"I love you son." She says.

"I love you too mom." I tell her.

She then leaves and afterwards, I meet the guys out in the back, who are all waiting for me in their wolf forms. So I quickly get into mine and we go for a run through the woods and around the territory to make sure everything's okay.

After a few hours of running through the woods and seeing that nobody has tried crossing over onto our territory who aren't allowed to. Such as rogues and any other enemies, we started to head back to the house.

It's been a good couple of years since there has been a huge fight with any rogues or any unwanted wolves that have tried to cross over onto our territory. That's how great my pack is.

Tonight, after we all started heading home, I decided I wanted to stay out a little bit longer before going inside the house.

I sat and was staring up at the bright moon and stars in the sky, which I loved to do whenever I had the chance to. When all of a sudden, I smelled a familiar scent. A couple of them actually. One of them was from Ivy's wolf and another was Leah's Lavender and Vanilla scent. So I quickly headed towards the scent to see what was happening.

When I arrived, I came to a complete stop, as I saw Ivy's wolf staring down at a terrified person. It was the new girl, Leah.

"What the hell are you doing Ivy?!" I mind-linked her.

"This bitch was starting shit with my brother and trying to make moves on him when he clearly tried pushing her away. She's a whore that needs to be punished." She tells me.

"Leave now! I'll deal with you later!" I tell Ivy's wolf and she runs off into the woods real fast after looking at me and quickly realizing that she could not argue with me.

I look down at the Leah and start slowly walking towards her as she opens her eyes and sees me and starts quickly scooting back on her butt, as I could clearly see she was scared of me.

What the hell was she doing anyways, out here so late?

I looked down and noticed she had scratches on her legs as her jeans were ripped up.

Fucking Ivy. I swear, she gives a bad name to her family and is a disgrace to all wolves. She acts more like a rogue than anything else. .

       I snap back to reality and I see the new girl then get up and try to run away as fast as she can.