CHAPTER 15: **Mature Content**

LEAH

"I'm a werewolf." Eli says with a bit of a struggle.

"A what?" I asked stupidly.

"A werewolf." He repeats.

I grow silent for a moment as I begin to try and wrap my head around what he just said and if he really was serious. I mean, I would rather have heard him say I love you. Then again, I guess it's better than him telling me he cheated on me or something. But how should I react? Do I really care that he's a werewolf? No, I don't believe I do. If anything, it's kind of cool.

I look at him and see he has a worried look on his face. Which that's right, he's waiting for me to say something.

"Wow." I say.

"Yeah. I know it sounds crazy and is hard to believe. But I'm a werewolf and also an Alpha of the best pack there is." He says proudly.

"Okay. But wait, I'm not a werewolf. I'm a human. So how does this work? Or wait, that means that you need to find a Luna?" I tell him.

"Yes. But you see babe. You ARE my Luna. I know that it might not make any sense to you but, believe me, there are plenty of crossbreeds out there." He says with a smile and while holding my hand and lightly circling my hand with his thumb.

"I'm your Luna? But, I can't be. Aren't Luna's wolves and don't they have strength and everything?" I ask.

"You read too many stories my love. But yes, you're right. However, you can become one. That's part of what happens when we mate." He says nervously the last part.

"As in....sex?" I ask to make sure I'm understanding this all.

"Yes my love. Only I would like to call it, making love." He smiles at me.

"When does this whole mating thing have to happen?" I ask.

"That depends on you and when you're ready." He tells me.

"What does it feel like and how do you turn me?"

"Well, while making love, I mark you. There's a spot on the side of your neck that as I bite down on it, it hurts for a brief moment and then immediately gets replaced with pure pleasure." He says reassuringly.

"Oh. I see." I reply.

"Look, baby, I will never make you do anything you don't want to. When you're ready, then I'll be right there for you." He tells me.

However, the look upon his face at the moment is showing me there's more that he's not telling me.

"But there is a deadline. Right?" I asked so that he can tell me everything and not hold anything back from me.

"Yes. Within less than a year that I find my mate, we have to become one with each other through the mating process. Otherwise, me being the Alpha, I will begin to grow weak and lose a lot of my abilities." He says.

"Oh my god." I say while feeling bad.

"But don't you worry. Whatever happens, happens." He says with a smile.

We both smile at one another and then start to head back towards the house.

I was silent for the rest of the car ride home as I began thinking to myself about the advantages and disadvantages I would have being a Luna.

It would be great to have strength and be with Eli as my mate. However, I wasn't sure.

Then as soon as we pulled up in front of the house, Eli snapped me out of my thoughts, thank goodness.