CHAPTER 5: New Friends?!

LEAH

Today was very fun. (Note the sarcasm).

School was like always, uncomfortable and terrible. Although, like always, it all got better as soon as I got to work.

While at work, this guy came in and looked to be in his young twenties. He had slicked back dark brown hair and was with a bunch of his rowdy, annoyingly loud and obnoxious friends.

They were here until closing time when I tried kicking them out and they had refused. Then the one guy that had the slicked back hair, had grabbed my wrist as I was about to turn and go get their change

"Let go of me." I tell him.

"Oh come on. I just wanted to ask if you'd be interested in making a huge tip." He smirked at me with a wink.

"No thanks. I'm not that desperate for something so small." I tell him without even thinking about it as I also remove my wrist from his hand and could tell just what I said when I saw the shocked look on his friends faces and then his scowl at me.

They then started laughing and teasing the guy about how bad I got him. Which I really do regret, seeing as to how I have never gotten that brave before and with the look he was giving me, I think I may have signed my death wish by saying that. So I turn and head into the back and ask if Cathy can finish ringing them up.

Which she did, no questions asked, thankfully.

While she did that, I grabbed my bag and got ready to head home.

I walked out the back way and began walking towards the bus stop when suddenly I'm grabbed around my waist and a hand covers my mouth before shoving me hard up against a wall.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that it was the dark slicked back hair guy that I insulted.

"So you think I'm small, huh? You fucking bitch, you're gonna see just how big I am. I'm gonna make you fucking scream from stretching you out." He says.

I started to try and scream with his hand still covering my mouth and then what happened next, I don't know what came over me but I kneed him as hard as I could in between his legs and then began running as fast as I could while hearing him yell out, "I'll get you for this you fucking fat whore!" As he continues groaning in pain while holding himself.

Several minutes later, I stopped to catch my breath for a moment, I begin walking and wiping the tears away and try not to think about the attempted rape I almost encountered. My gosh, am I just a magnet for assholes, or what?

Then I hear rustling in the bushes next to me and start to hear a growl and right as I began backing up slowly, I suddenly see bright yellow glowing eyes stare at me from within the bushes. Which I have never seen dogs eyes look like that before.

I wasn't sure in what it was but I sure as hell wasn't gonna stay to find out. So I start to run while being able to hear whatever it was chase me.

I felt myself get knocked over the bushes and land onto the grass area hard, to where it took the breath out of me a little bit as I hit the ground.

The next thing I knew, a giant dark wolf was on top of me, having me pinned down and as I tried to wriggle out of it's grasp, it scratched my legs and ripped my jeans up pretty good. I screamed out in pain when the wolf stopped and growled while looking behind them at something.

The wolf then took off and as soon as I sat up, I saw another wolf, with blue eyes, staring at me. He looked huge and had midnight blue fur that showed as the moonlight bounced off of it.

I thought this was it. I was going to die in this moment from being clawed to death and ripped to shreds.

However, when I looked into the wolf's eyes, I felt as though, I was okay? It wasn't going to hurt me. Though I didn't want to stay and wait to find out if I was wrong or not, so I got up and started running as fast as I could and luckily, my uncle was working late again tonight, so I went straight upstairs after running through the front door of my house, took a bath to try and clean myself up and then went to bed. Of course, not before pulling the covers over my eyes and trying hard not to think about those blue eyes, razor sharp teeth and nails.

*****************************************

It was Friday and everyone at school had been talking about this huge party that was going on tomorrow night at Ivy's house.

I'm not much of a party person. Besides, I promised Cathy I'd work this weekend.

While trying to put things into my locker, I saw out the corner of my eye, both Ivy and Eli making out.

In which they do make a good couple and were definitely made for each other.

People like them are the ones who are popular in school and then when they come back for the high school reunion, are miserably married to each other, have kids that are in jail and he is bald while she's a drunk who recently had a botched up job of plastic surgery. At least that's what I'm telling myself to feel better.

I hadn't realized I was zoning out until I heard somebody clear their throat behind me.

I turn around and see this guy who I noticed was in most of my classes and was a few lockers down from me.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Joey." He says as he holds out his hand.

"Hi. I'm Leah." I tell him.

"Yeah, the new girl." He says.

"Yeah." I reply and then close my locker.

"So I know you're new around here but, do you have any plans tonight?" He asks.

"I have work until seven." I tell him.

"Well, would you like to go bowling with me and a few of my friends?" He asks me as he turns and points at the small circle of friends that are standing around talking.

"Okay." I said.

"Alright, where do you work, so I can pick you up?" He says.

"At Tasty Pastries." I tell him.

"Alright, I'll pick you up at seven then." He says with a smile and then walks away.

Wow, been here only a week and some shit has happened but also, looks like I may make some friends here after all.

Things for the first time in a long time, are looking up.