CHAPTER 8: Could it Be?.....

ELI

I didn't want Leah to leave. In fact, I thought I would apologize. That was until my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Martin came walking out of the kitchen.

After Leah left, Cathy and Martin sat me down and we talked.

"So how's your search going?" Cathy asks me. "Found your Luna yet?" She smiles.

"No. And you can tell my mom that she will be the first to know when I do." I reply as I finish a few bites.

"Your mother's just worried about you is all." She says.

"I know." I reply as I swallow my last few bites.

"Anyways, how's your Pack?" Uncle Martin asks me changing the subject.

"They're good. We got our own house for my birthday and I've been teaching them things I learned from the training." I tell them.

"Good. We are all very proud of you you know." He smiles.

"I know. Thanks. Have you guys heard from Uncle Jay?" I quickly change the subject.

Both of them look at each other then shake their heads 'no'. I know they don't like Uncle Jay a whole lot for reasons they've never told me but I haven't seen him in a while and I miss him. He's always been like a big brother to me.

"No we haven't. Why?" Cathy asks.

"Just wondering. I haven't talked to him in a couple months and I can't mind link with him all of a sudden. I just wanted to see if he was okay." I say.

"You know him. He's a tough old Alpha." Uncle martin tells me.

"Yeah." I reply and take a few drinks from my coffee. "Well, I gotta get going. I'll talk to you guys later." I tell them as I give them both hugs.

"Okay. We love you." They tell me.

"Love you guys too." I tell them and then head out.

*****************************************

A couple weeks go by and I notice more and more that I can't stop thinking about Leah.

I can't wait to see her at school and I haven't even touched or slept with Ivy or any other girl since.

I'm not sure why but I've noticed a strong pull towards Leah lately and I'm not sure what it is. I at first thought that maybe this was what it felt like to find my mate. However, that isn't possible, since she was human.

Then today at lunch, when I saw her sitting next to Joey and his friends at a little round table, laughing and having fun about whatever, I'm not sure what came over me but I quickly began to feel.....jealous?

Even though I have no reason to be jealous. Maybe It's not jealousy. Maybe I just hate Joey and am overthinking things. It isn't like they're dating. And even if they were, I don't care......right?

Tonight while all the guys decided to stay in and hook up with a bunch of girls, I decided to go for a run.

Then while on a run, I smelled a strong odor of Lavender and Vanilla. Which I eventually found out was Leah's scent.

Right when I was about to run the opposite direction, I heard a deep growl and a female screaming. It was her screaming. So immediately, I began running.

When I arrived at the spot I heard her screaming at, it was a wolf that was on top of her and pinning her down. However, it wasn't Ivy's wolf. It was.......Her brother's.

I immediately began growling really loud as I then saw him jump off of her and start to mindlink with me.

"Get away from her!" I snarled at him.

"Or what Alpha? This bitch is mine and she is gonna pay for that night she fucking insulted me and escaped from my grasp." He says back to me as we started circling each other.

Wait, HE tried to rape her? That's why she said 'that wasn't what happened' and began to cry at the bowling alley. That son-of-a-bitch.

All I saw was red right now. That motherfucker was going down.

"I'm gonna tell you once and one time only. Stay the hell away from her, or else." I warned.

"Or else what? There is nothing you can do stop me." He snarls.

Without saying anything else, we jump and clash against each other and begin fighting.

We're rolling on the ground a couple of times kicking biting and he starts clawing at my throat which is what a wolf does ONLY if he is gonna kill another wolf.

"You trying to fucking kill me?!" I snapped at him.

Then the next thing I see is him looking at Leah as she's huddled up with her knees in her chest, while sitting against a tree, scared and right as he's about to go after her, I lunge towards him and bite down on him hard.

He yelps in pain and let's me know it isn't over as he starts running off.

After seeing him disappear into the night, I turn back and see Leah, still leaning back up against the tree, she's crying with her head on her knees.

I start slowly walking over towards her and damn branches, I step on one, making a cracking noise that causes her to look up at me in horror and tries to move but can't.

"Please. If you're gonna kill me, just do it quickly. That's all I ask. Please. This has to be my fate." She says through tears and I can't help but feel pain in my chest. In my heart. I have never felt this before.

I walk up to her and gently start licking her hand and then I nuzzle my nose on her neck and take in her amazing scent as she gasps in fear when I do bit then suddenly she looks at me as I take a step back and sit down to look at her.

She isn't like I thought she was. I had misjudged her. And I think, though I'm not sure, and as I recall, these pulls and feelings I have around her, could this be? I don't know but, I think she might be.....my mate. Although how could that be? She's human.