Chapter 15

I stood by jessie's front door tapping my foot impatiently. I'd whizzed home to grabbed some overnight gear when I knew it would be safe. My dad had a part time job in the news agents down the road so I'd popped back home when he was there and packed what I needed. I also packed another bag with a lot more clothing and bits and bobs to leave in the boot of the car so I didn't have to go home as much while Maisy was away.

I checked the time on my phone.

"Jessica, hurry up!"

Jessie ran down the stairs, "Does this look ok?"

She was wearing skinny jeans and a D&G baggy top.

"You look fine Jessie can we just go?"

"Fine?" Jessie asked, her face screwed up. She chewed her lip nervously.

"Stop being silly Jess, you look beautiful."

Jessie smiled and grabbed her bag, "Okay i'm ready."

"Finally!" I said, exasperated. Jessie rolled her eyes and locked the door behind her.

"Are we taking your car?" She moaned, as I dragged her bag towards it.

"Problem?"

"Please can we take the Porsche?"

I raised my eyebrows at her and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"You're hurting Betty's feelings," I whispered in her ear. Jessie scoffed and pushed me away. She took her bag off me and chucked it in her boot. She turned and looked at me crossing her arms over her chest.

"Kayla. Bag now." She ordered,

I giggled and shook my head. Jessie walked seductivley over to me and kissed my neck. She sucked on my earlobe and her hands lingered on my bum.

"Please..." She breathed down my neck. I threw my back and groaned.

"Alright fine!" Jessie stepped away from me, a smug expression plastered on her face. She opened Betty's boot and grabbed my bag, chucking it in her own car. Which doesn't have a name...

"I don't like the power you have over me Jess." I said as i got in the car.

"I obviously wear the trousers in this relationship" Jessie laughed, she started the car and sped off. I waved good bye to Betty on our way past. Jessie cackled and shook her head, "You're too obsessed with that car babe, it's unhealthy."

"Shut up and drive."

***

When Jessie woke me up we were parked outside my Grams' house. A groggy smile grew on my face and I rubbed my eyes. I looked over to Jessie who's face was in awe of the house. And old victorian style cottage it stood on 2 acres of land with a stream running through it. She had chickens, dogs, birds and 4 stunning horses. One of which was mine. She had a large pebbled drive which was perfectly decorated with flowers and bushes. It's why I spent so much of my time here, it was perfect.

"Home" I breathed, I opened the car door and swung my legs out. I inhaled the fresh country air. Jessie was already at the boot with the bags, as i got out i heard her gasp as she took in the whole picture.

"Babe this place is amazing"

"You haven't seen the half of it yet," I winked, making for the door. I knocked on the wooden door and Grams opened it, dressed in a splattered apron with flour up her arms and on her cheek.

"Kayla Kat!" She cried, wrapping her arms around me, "oh darling i've missed you"

"I've missed you too grams" i said squeezing her. Maisy popped her head round from the living room and said hello to Jessie, "Grams this is Jessie, Jessie this is Pat"

"Call me grams darling, you're very welcome here" Grams beamed, Jessie's face was plastered with a nervous grin so I rested my hand on the small of her back, longing to be able to grab her hand i wanted to get this over and done with as soon as i could.

But as always Grams was one step ahead of me.

"Maisy, why don't you show Jessie up to her room and then take her down to the horses? Kayla and I need to have a little chat"

Maisy grinned and jessie followed her up the stairs, shooting me a look as i walked behind grams into the kitchen. Shaking like a leaf i sat down on the wooden breakfast bar stool. This could only go 2 ways, and last time it all went horribly wrong. I traced the lines on my stomach and thanked god no one could see them.

"Kayla," Grams began, dropping 2 tea bags in mugs and filling them up with boiling water, "Jessie's you're someone special isn't she?"

I looked down at my hands nervously and nodded, Grams' hand stroked my face.

"That's wonderful darling"