Chapter 22

I was vaguely aware of Jessie moving round the room. I opened my eyes slowly and blinked a few times, I could hear Jess on the phone.

"Mum I don't know what to do?" She whispered, "It's so bad... There's so many... She doesn't want it... I can't sit back and not do anything mum, she's my girlfriend!"

Jessie walked through the bedroom out onto the balcony, I squeezed my eyes shut.

"She was totally against it, it was like she put a wall up... Should I just call someone?... Should I take a picture to show you... Ok sorry bad idea... Mum she needs help!" Jessie raised her voice. She swore under her breath and slid the balcony door to. But I could still hear her.

"I'm sorry I just don't know what to do? It's so horrible mum, it's 100x worse than when Rachel's friend did it. They cover her whole stomach, her wrists and she's got some on her thighs I think. There's hundreds... Really?... Okay I'll call someone... She'll have to forgive me... I'd rather be split up and know she's getting better than be with her and know she's doing that to herself... I don't understand how she can do it.. It looks so painful... I know a good doctor here, he's so lovely... Okay, thanks mum, I love you so much... I will... Love you too, bye"

Jessie hung up phone and blew a huge breath out. She slid the balcony door open and I felt the bed dip beside me. She kissed me lightly on the forehead and i fluttered my eyes open to look at her. Her beautiful green eyes glistened with tears and her cheeks were red.

She pulled her lips into a tight smile, "how are you doing baby?"

"Okay," I croaked, I sat up and stroked her cheek. "I shouldn't have told you, you're sad now. Please Jess, I'm okay I promise, there's no need to cry."

Jessie sighed and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm okay, but you're not. I called Claude and told him I can't work tomorrow afternoon. And I called your college and told them that you've come down with something and the doctors won't let you fly home for at least a week."

I frowned, "hang on, what? What did you say to Claude?"

"That I can only work in the morning"

"What? What did he say?"

"I told him that I'd make it up to him, that it was important. And he was fine."

I shook my head, "Jessie please I can't do this! Can we just forget about it? I told you it's not a problem anymore. It was just one night"

Jessie blinked slowly, "Babe, this is not going to go away. I'm sorry but I'm not dropping this. I can't sit back and watch you cut your own skin. It might have been only one night but it's what made you do it that you need to talk about"

I jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom. I locked the door and flung myself against it.

"Kayla! Kayla, open the door please." Jessie hammered on the wood, making it shake.

"Jessie go away!" I shouted, "just go I want to be alone."

Jessie sighed, "okay fine. I'll be downstairs."

I heard the door open and close. Silence. I don't know why I was being such a baby, why I was pushing Jessie away. After a few minutes I got up, splashed my face with water and opened the door. Looking around the room I saw it was empty so I went and sat on the bed. I ran my hand over my stomach, cringing at the bumps on my skin. I got up again and walked over to the full length mirror. I pulled my top up over my head to reveal all of the scars on my stomach. I cried. They were so ugly. It was the first time I'd forced myself to take the whole picture in and it was disgusting. My legs wobbled and I fell in a heap on the floor. I curled up into a ball on the floor and squeezed my eyes shut.

I felt Jessie's arms around me and I jumped, she kissed me on the head and rocked me back and forwards.

"I won't ever leave you kayla, so don't tell me to. I'm never going to go away when you need my help. I love you so much my beautiful girl."

Please vote, comment and share! Let me know what you think!!