Prologue

Prologue

'Please, please, don't do this' he said to the girl, as she walked over to someone who used to be his best friend. 'I love you, please don't'

'I don't want to, but it's the only way' she whispered, as she walked away from him for good. A tear rolled down his cheek, but he didn't care. He just wanted her to stay. She walked away, not knowing if was going to live, but knowing that he would. He would live, and that was the only thing that was keeping her going. The only thing that fuelled her, as she walked towards the man she once loved, who never loved her. Who only wanted to control her, to make her feel like dirt. Why? She used to wonder. Now she knows. It was because of what she was. Who she was.

Why does life have to be so hard? she thought, as she looked back at the man who she will always love, til her dying day. The man who was breaking, because she was leaving. Leaving to save him. NO, she wanted to scream. She wanted to run to him and make everything better, but she couldn't. She wanted to hug him close, and never let go, but she couldn't.

Suddenly, a gunshot ran through the room. Her demon fell, and her love ran to her, to pull her away. Who shot him? Who shot Damien?