Chapter 3

The next day, Minho called a Gathering. He, Gally, and all the Keepers gathered at the boy's homestead. They sat forming a circle. Jorge, as a Keepers of the Baggers, Frypan, Aris, and Clint were in there. The others were a view Gladers and Group B. Thomas joined them although he wasn't a keeper. He was still important. Minho had no doubt that he needed him to take decision. He sat next to Minho.

"Okay. Let's this Gathering begun," Minho declared, right after all the Keepers gathered. "We all know that we have some problem here. We don't have any adequate equipment to make a living here. Not to mention all the stuff we need, medicine, bandage, and the other medical equipment are urgent now. Maybe we can take care of minor injury. But, we don't know what will happen to someone that got a very bad injury without medicine. You all know, what happened to one of our Baggers, Harriet." Minho stopped.

Keepers paid attention firmly. No one wanted to intervene their leader until they were asked to speak up. They knew the rule and how important it is.

"Gally has an idea. Some of us need to go out there searching for some stuff we need. Since it's not a safe trip, much less a picnic, I need your opinion about this." Minho looked at Jorge, then said, "Jorge, what do you think?"

"I agree, hermano" the Keeper of the Baggers nodded. Succinct and clear. Since he'd arrived in the safe haven, he'd been working together with Harriet, guarding people. They were best friend. Doing something that could safe Harriet would be good for him.

"Anything else?" the leader asked, making sure he'd heard all Jorge wanted to say. Or maybe Jorge would add any suggestion.

Jorge shook his head.

"Okay." Minho turned. He motioned to Frypan. "Frypan the Cook, I wanna hear what in your dumb head!"

"I got a bigger kitchen here," Frypan started. He looked for everyone's attention for a moment, that not used to. Everyone there exactly sat silent and paid attention to him. "But, I can't do my best to make some very delicious meal like I did in the Glade. I need stove, pan, oven, microwave, mixer, blender-"

"Okay, Fry!" Minho cut him off. He got Frypan's point. "I think that's enough, slinthead. You can talk about that klunk to me directly if we decide to go, unless you aware the most thing you've mentioned can be used without electricity ... Wait," Minho paused. It was like something clicked his brain. The thing that he should think of earlier. Minho looked at Thomas, then Aris, that made both of them exchange glances in confused. "Thomas and Aris, if you could help WICKED building the Maze, it must be easy to you building electricity here."

Once again, Thomas and Aris looked at each other, thinking. Thomas might lose his memory, but not his intelligence. Thomas remembered learning about electricity though he couldn't remember the people who taught him was. So, he was the one who answer. "Smart idea. Yeah, I think we can make it."

"We need some stuff to make it. And some help." Aris added.

"Excuse, me," Gally interrupted before Minho could respond. "I think we have this Gathering to talk about 'going out there'." He glared at Minho. Gally meant that. Thomas could see urgency in his eyes. Gally was genuinely concerned. Thomas was sure, that was because of Harriet. He wondered that Gally cared so much about her.

"Right, Gally," the leader replied. "Okay. Thomas and Aris, we need to talk about that after lunch. You get me?"

Thomas and Aris nodded.

"Good that."

One by one, Minho got the others to talk. They all had similar argument. They agreed Gally's idea. Gally was happy with that. He considered the best time to go was tomorrow. Everyone agreed. Thomas added that they need some weapons. Without paper and pen, Minho noted all their arguments in his head. He was smart enough to do that.