Chapter 21

September 9, 2018
-----------
Hope you enjoy this chapter, Shanks.
-----------

Newt tightened his jaw. He gave Minho a horror look which Thomas had never seen. Newt considered that Minho was serious with his words. Thomas himself didn't fully believe Minho was joking. In fact, Minho liked flirting the girls in Safe Haven. Minho could be a little or a lot serious.

Meanwhile, Minho was laughing out loud until his untidy teeth showed up and his eyes perfectly formed a line. He seemed to enjoy the effet he caused. Newt anger obviously satisfied him. Thomas had no idea about Minho's attitude after their hard effort to come to Denver, to find Newt. Minho really played with Newt and made him very angry?

"Easy, man!" Minho hushed himself. "When I said 'I miss you', meant all of you, shank, including what I see right now. The way you angry ... I should say, you scare me a bit. No wonder the Gladers followed you. His laugh turned into a friendly smile.

Thomas didn't believe his ears for a second. Minho was unpredictable for a few days back. Whatever, relief filled his chest. He didin't need to see the fight among his two best friend. He glanced at Newt. His horror look had dissapeared.

"I'm kidding, dude," Minho stepped forward, approching Newt who stood silent. He gripped Newt shoulder, keeping his smile on. "I almost forget the last time we made a joke. I think, after everything you passed, we should make a joke."

"Well, you full of surprise lately, Minho. I don't recognize you anymore." Thomas released a small smile on his face.

"That's not even bloody funny, you dumb, shank!" Newt said coldly.

Thomas glared at Minho, as if he knew Minho would do the same. Definitely Minho did. A burst of laugh came from them. Thomas could guess what in Minho's head. Minho was right. He also missed the way Newt talk like that.

"What are you bloody laughing at?" Newt seemingly didn't get it yet, making their laugh grow even louder.

"Minho's right, Newt. We miss you, every detail of you." Thomas came closer so he could place his hand around Newt's shoulder.

"Shuck! You guys too exaggerated it."

"You don't have to believe in us, actually." Minho winked.

"Means, I believe in you, shanks." He stretched his arms, wrapping Thomas and Minho.

"Good that." Minho nodded. "Listen to me, Newt. Anything I said about Sonya-Lizzy-whatever her name is, your cute little sister, I wasn't serious, unless ..." Minho paused. He kind of losing words to state his mind or he wasn't about to tell them.

"Yeah?" Newt asked.

"Unless what?" Thomas couldn't help, but smiled mockingly. He rarely saw Minho destroyed by his own words.

"Umm ... you know that." His face blushed.

"What?" Newt demanded.

Thomas wasn't as good as Newt to hold back his laugh. He was chuckling, making Minho more and more desparate to find a word.

"Unless I ..." Once again Minho lost his next words. He sighed deeply, gathering his courage that suddenly ran away, betraying him. "Unless I maybe really like your sister."

"Maybe?"

The three of them was startled by the voice. They turned their head. Minho's reaction was too much. His face gone red, like tomato. His body stiffened. Thomas swore he could hear Minho's heartbeat pounding so loud. No wonder. The girl who questioned Minho was Sonya.

"Just maybe?" Sonya repeated his question.

Minho apparently lost himself. The boy with his tomato face could only stare. Minho usually flirted at the girls. But, now he was in the highest level of nervousness.