Chapter 36

30.4.19

-------

Thomas traveled seven miles to reach the hospital. Unfortunately, along the way he did not find a single vehicle that he could plow. He could only use the strength of his legs, running fast enough without even stopping even though his legs were sore after reaching three miles. He couldn't stop while worry chasing him behind. At every step he stepped on, he hoped that Newt would not lose to his stab wounds and Minho had not been killed by Flare.

He was a little grateful for the weather conditions. The sun wasn't too hot. On the contrary, the cloudy clouds seemed to try to get rid of the blue color of the sky slowly and expel the white cloud without tolerance. The breeze was cool on his skin. He hoped there would be no rain soon. He really hoped for that actually. Remembering the storms and thunderbolt during the rain in Scorch, he was a little horrified.

Arriving at the door of the gray painted hospital, he was immediately greeted by Brenda who rushed into his arms. Thomas hugged her tightly. He felt a little relieved that the girl in his arms was fine. He also allowed pleasure to gather on his chest. Brenda's hug felt very meaningful after he saw something bad in his hallucinations and after he saw the Berg fell and caught fire.He was panting, more because he ran too long than because of the hug. His rapid breathing sent the warm air to Brenda's back. That was all he could do. He couldn't think of a sentence to start a long conversation. Or he didn't want to do it now. Time kept running. He must hurry to be able to help Newt before it's too late. So, he released her.

"Wher's Minho?" he asked, the most important question he thought of.

Brenda pulled her in. The hospital was empty, making him wonder. After the incident a few days ago, a bomb explosion, Crank's attack, he thought of many people who were injured. However, he didn't have much time to ask where they were and how they were.They arrived on the second floor after riding in an elevator. He found Frypan and Harriet, standing in front of a room with a gun in their hands. They quickly found him and for a moment a relieved smile drove away their serious expressions. Brenda took him past them. Thomas looked through the window, saw what was inside were the children they saved from WICKED, Newt's group and The Right Arm group. Jorge and some of his friends from Safe Haven were also there. The good news, they look fine, except Jorge who seemed to get a bandage on his head.

"He's there," Brenda pointing to a door that might lead to another room.

Thomas entered the room after Brenda. He saw Aris being treated by Hans and five boys and two girls who lay with bandages on their hands, feet, or heads. Gally was in the room, guarding in front of the window."

They will be fine." Brenda said, giving Thomas a sense of relief to deal with the other anxieties that were coming to him."

You okay, Greenie?" Gally turned from the window, looking at him with a relieved look.

"Yeah, I only need one barrel of oxygen." The words he uttered collided with his breath. "Where is he?" Thomas asked anyone who could hear him.

"Follow me," Hans became the person who answered his question. He just finished with Aris.

Thomas went after Hans who headed towards the door at the end of the room. He thought of a room with a bed. The guess was right. Not exactly right. He did not expect Minho to be in bed bound. There were four bonds to his body, legs, knees, waist and chest. The four ropes were connected to the bed where he was lying. He couldn't move at all. Not far from him, Sonya stood watching the situation outside.

"Minho himself asked him to be tied up," Hans explained. "He began to lose control. I can't anesthetize him because he must remain conscious to provide the best resistance to viruses in his body."