Chapter 19

August 13, 2018

-------------------

Hans drove the minibus faster. The cannon was fully controlled by Thomas and Minho. They fired until no more ammo left. They didn’t think to reload because the bus was far enough from WICKED. Newt sat right behind the driver seat. Clarisse was on his lap, unconscious. She made Newt eaten by worry and also the others.

After a dozen miles, the minibus stopped in front of an apartment. Thomas still had a memory about Hans’s apartment and he was sure the building stood in front of him wasn’t the apartment he had ever visited. That apartment was slightly worse than Hans’s old apartment. The paint looked dull. He hesitated there were some people lived there.

Hans turned around. “Newt, you know where you should take your friends. I’m gonna get back soon.”

Newt nodded.

Hans changed his gaze, smiling kindly. “Brenda, Jorge, Thomas, and Minho, it’s nice to see you alive and healthy. But, Minho, you got shot. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.”

Minho only nodded. Though he said he felt good, he absolutely need the medical treatment. Moreover, his expression betrayed him. Minho’s face was a bit pale, probably because he lost a lot of blood. Thomas hoped Hans would fulfill his word. For that time, the most thing he wanted was to see Minho and Clarisse got recovery.

“Kevin, you go first! Climb Go to the eight floor, find the door number 821. I am right behind you.” Newt placed his arms beneath Clarisse’s shoulder and knees, readying to lift her bridal style.

Kevin only need once command. He quickly got out of the minibus, leading the others to enter the apartment.

“If you don’t mind, I can help you, Newt.” Thomas approached Newt who had just stepped out of the minibus. He seriously offerd a help, for Clarisse, not for Teresa. He slowly accepted that Teresa had a twin sister. They were different though Clarisse looked very similar to Teresa—except her hair that cut short. Now, he could feel the difference. There was no trill in his heart when he saw Clarisse.

“Yeah, come help me, Tommy! I can’t do it alone with my bed leg.”

They weren’t the last entering the apartment. Jorge were waiting beside the door while they were coming. Right after all of them were inside it, Jorge closed the door. The color of the wall inside the apartment was as pale as the outside wall. It had poor lighting. Some lamps that were installed on the ceiling turned off. Fortunately, they didn’t need to climb the stair. The elevator was working.

Just like Thomas thought before, they didn’t meet any people at the apartment. He didn't know either some people were doing their activity outside the apartment or Hans was the only one who lived there. As long as they walked toward the door number 821 only silence welcomed them. Newt gave a poliphynil chloryde card to Kevin so he could open the door.

Thomas hopped to meet someone with a big smile on face as he looked inside. Or a bit worse, someone prevented them to enter the room before Newt explained so many things. Apparently not. No one there. At least the room wasn’t empty at all. There were two big sofas and a table in the middle of the room. To the left, there were two door Thomas thought were bedrooms. Straight passed the main room there was another room, Thomas thought it was a living room or such of it. Between the living room and the bedroom there was a kitchen and maybe a shower room. But, he didn't see Hans’s room.

“Right here, Tommy!” Newt aimed to the first door at his left before he could finish his thought.

The room was bigger than he expected. There were three beds and a big closet with medical stuff placed there. Thomas and Newt lied Clarisse on on of the bed. While Newt sat on another bed, Thomas got out of the room. He easily found Brenda and the others. Brenda also needed a second to found him. She smiled as Thomas walking toward her.