Chapter 9

Thomas swallowed. That was a big problem. He took a deep intake, thinking fast. “Do you really wanna help us, Jorge?”

Jorge nodded. “If Brenda go, I’ll go.”

“That means, we have to go as soon as possible.” Thomas bowed his head, eying Minho through his shoulder. “I think we have to go tomorrow, Dude.”

Minho craned his neck, looking at Thomas. His face softened. Thomas nodded to ensure him. He meant that. If there were the other people who knew about that secret hangar, the best time to go was as quickly as possible. They had to arrive there before the others.

“Are you serious, Thomas?” Brenda narrowed her eyes, as if she didn’t believe in Thomas’s sentence.

Thomas had just opened his mouth when Minho spoke, “How about your wound? All Bruises and scratches?” His anger disappeared. He stared at Thomas very friendly.

“I’m good, shank. I can manage these.” Thomas nodded firmly, giving him his best smile. His gaze shifted to both Brenda and Jorge. “Can we go tomorrow?”

Jorge yawned as he stretched his body. “I have to go sleep before facing a few busy days.” He winked at Thomas, then went away.

“He’s right, shank.” Minho stood up. “You’d better go to sleep. I have to do my last business.”

“What business?” Thomas interrupted, staring at him with suspicious look. Minho could be someone who did everything without thinking the risk when his emotion blasted. Thomas didn’t want Minho to do something wrong.

“All people here will need a leader when I go. I’m gonna meet Gally to talk about that.”

Thomas nodded. It was a good thing if Minho would do that. “Okay. I’ll collect some weapons.” Thomas offered himself.

“And I’ll keep some food.”

“Good that.”

***

The next morning, Thomas found himself gathering with a few friends at wooden floor of the shed. Gally was among them. Last night, Minho told Thomas that Gally wanted to come with them. Gally ensured Minho, they might be need his connection with the Right Arm. Minho thought one more help would be better. About the Right Arm, Minho didn’t hope anything. Not yet. Perhaps, they would need help from the Right Arm in Denver. Since Gally come with them, Minho assigned Frypan to take the lead while they would be going. The cook agreed.

It was hard to believe that Gally today was the same Gally Thomas had known in the Glade. Gally was dramatically different, he was like turning into someone else. Instead of stared at him with eyes full of hatred as if he wanted to kill him at the moment, Gally always greeted him kindly every time they met. He didn’t know either lived in the place that surrounded by the Maze made him psycho or escaped from WICKED made him normal.

“Are you ready, shanks?” Minho asked.

Everyone nodded. Thomas tightened his backpack as he started walking. One by one, they leaped into the Flat Trans. They leaned at the WICKED’s complex. Minho and Gally led the way while Thomas and Brenda were at the rear. Sonya and Jorge were between them. They didn’t face any big obstacles until they reached the Death City. Minho took a few step back, asking Jorge to lead the way from there. Jorge obeyed him gladly.

“Hey, Gally. Why do you want to help Newt? I think you hate him.” Thomas asked Gally who walked beside him.

“Well, I hate you more, shank.” Gally stared dead at him. “I still want to kill you right now.” But he giggled at the end of his sentences.