Chapter 16

Though Clarisse and Teressa looked very similar, that fact shocked them. Thomas, Minho, and Sonya stilled in disbelief, especially Thomas. His eyes froze, lingering at Clarisse's blue eyes. His jaw fell down, creating a gap between his lips. He was sure, he knew Teresa more than the others. But, Teresa had never told him about her twin sister. Or she had, and he didn't have any memories about that.

Thomas tried to stirred inside his head, grasping for some memories. He got nothing. The flashes of memories he got after being stung by Griever had faded away. Anyway, he was sure there wasn't any flashes thet related to Teresa's twin sister. There's no way he could remember. Instead, he got headache as his last memory about Teresa stabbed him.

"You alright, Tommy?" Newt tapped Thomas on his knee. He was genuinely concern.

Minho and Sonya aimed their eyes to Thomas spontaneously. Clarisse-who was the one Thomas looked at-didn't need to move her gaze.

Thomas shook his head. His eyes were closed for a second, trying to calm himself. "I ... just ... Clarisse reminds me to her."

"I know. It's not easy for you, Tommy." Newt reached Thomas shoulder, gripping it tightly.

Thomas let go of his eyes from Clarisse to see Minho, Sonya, then Newt. The three of them looked at him as if he'd been caught by the Flare. "Yeah. It's okay." He nodded, ensuring his friends. "Newt's right. I just need time to get used about her presence."

Clarisse let out a long sigh. "No wonder. Newt told me that I'm like a mirror for Teresa. But, I can't recognize her by seeing my face in front of mirror. I wish I've ever met her."

"Clare." Newt said. The tone of his voice showed his concern. He seemingly wanted to say something. But his next words didn't form a voice. Or he hardly found a single word.

"I know." Clarisse nodded. Her sad face swept away by her smile. "Don't look at me that way, Newton! I'm rougher than a stone."

"Yeah. I'll never forget it." Smile escaped from Newt's lip.

Thomas and Minho exchange looks, bewildered how Clarisse could change her mood so fast.

"I think it's time for you to tell the main part of the story. That gossip has spread through the whole city. Sooner or later this place will not be safe anymore. That means, we have to make a plan to get out of this place." Clarisse glared at Thomas as she said her last sentence.

Newt nodded. He was about to open his mouth when Thomas asked impatiently. "What gossip? Why do you look at me as if I'm a threat?"

"Sorry, Thomas." Clarisse quickly answered. "No offense. They want you."

"WICKED?" Minho guessed. His nerve hardened by the mention of WICKED.

"What the hell happen here? How could WICKED take action here? Where's the Right Arm?" Gally blurted out. His face showed disbelief.

"I think you guys have to listen to my story." Newt answered calmly. He wandered his eyes to the others one by one, asking for confirmation. No one nodded or told agreement. However, their sharp looks explicitly were the answers. "Okay. I'm gonna start."

Thomas fully paid attention to Newt. He was ready to hear something more horrible.

"You do remember the situation in this city before the Right Arm flied to WICKED's head quarter, don't you? It was very disorganized here. Cranks were everywhere. They acted uncontrollably, attacking whoever they met, destroying everything. And the most important, there were so many of them around the city. The guards gave up to take care of this bloody place. They struggled hard to safe their selves. No time to take care of the others." Newt paused, letting himself take a breath.