Chapter 32

23.3.19

----------

I'm back!

----------

3

Hundreds couple of eyes followed when he walked straight to the crowd. A dozen feet from the front line, he stopped. His eyes darted around them as he tried to gathered his thought. Is this what they really want? He asked no one, but himself. A cure? He wondered if they all knew WICKED used their faith to do whatever their stupid ambition.

“Let them go!” Thomas shouted.

“Sure, young man,” the Fox Face replied. “As soon as you’re with us.”

Thomas gulped, not knowing what to say. He made eye contact with the fox face and found nothing to trust.

“You know, we don’t trust you.” The fox face told. His fake happiness dissapeared, not even the slightest hint of it. Instead, he looked at him sharply.

“And how do you think I can trust you?” he demanded. Though his heart beat so fast and he couldn’t resist the fear crept through his blood stream, he dared to keep his head up, not wanting to take his eyes off the fox face.

“Of course you belive us because your friends’s life are in our hands,” he said with a wide smirk that made Thomas want to vomit.

“Don’t listen to him, Thomas!” that warning came from Aris who some how had peeled the plaster off his mouth. As the consequence of his braveness, he got hit on his head hard enough that sent him to the ground. He whined in pain and Thomas saw blood seeped out of his head.
Thomas watched the poor boy, worried and curious. He tried to figure out the message Aris wanted to tell him. However, his friend had a better way to express his worry which was more important than the message itself. Thomas didn’t realize Minho made his way toward them until he saw that asian kid kicked the man whom previously hit Aris by a weapon. It was easy to guess how good Minho’s power by seeing the man’s broken nose. Luckily, some weapons they aimed to Minho stopped him to do something worse. And then, Newt suddenly was in front of Minho, pushing him to stay away from them.

“Hit the boy again and you will—”

“Will what?” the fox face cut him off with a mock question. “You want to see your friend hurts even more?”

Someone pulled Aris’s collar up so he got on his feet. He had three seconds to balance himself before he got hit on his head for the second time, making him fall to the ground. This time, Thomas helped Newt to hold Minho.

“Let go off me!” Minho ordered. His palms clenched. His breathing was fast. His angriness was readable.

“What do you think you’re doing, Minho? It’s not your show time!” Newt pushed Minho, too strong that caused him to fall down, but Minho got up quickly.

“They tortured our friend, Newt!” Protested him.

“Yeah, and you make it worse.”

“Newt’s right, Minho,” Thomas added. “Attack them is not the right way, unless you like to see Aris get hit anymore.”

Minho groaned. He didn’t refuse when Thomas and Newt pushed him though.

“Thomas, you heard what Aris told,” Minho whispered once they were back to their position. “I don’t trust them. I suspect it’s just a shuckin’ trap.”

“You’re gonna say, actually they only have Aris?” Newt concluded.
Minho nodded.

“Aris alone is enough. No need other reasons. We must save him!” Thomas insisted. He really meant that. He knew WICKED had so many tricks. With the message from Aris and how the boy tried hard to say it, he was sure WICKED had a worse plan than he could think of.