Chapter 12

The decision ended discussion. No one said another word. They sat silence, feeling hungry and sleepy.

In the room, there was no window or such that thing. Day or night looked same. If there were no lamps that installed on the ceiling, the room was dark although in the middle of the day. They didn’t forget about time though. They realized, it had been a long time since they had left Safe Haven. So, it was night.

The man didn’t come back yet. He might be aware they wouldn’t escape from the Berg that was a dozen miles from the ground. He certainly needed to get rest too. Lying on the floor, at the hallway wasn’t the best choice while there were several couches in another room.

Gally yawned. He changed his position, trying to lie down. But, his hands tied and put at the back, making him uncomfortable.

“First thing first, we have to untie this.” Gally moved his hands. His fingers reached out, trying to get the node.

The others did the same, except Thomas. He had tried to untie the rope using only his hands and useless. He wandered his eyes, looking for something that probably could help him to untie the rope. From one side to another, left to the right, he found nothing.

“Shuck it! I can’t do anythin’ with this!” Minho grumbled. Sweat trickled down his forehead. He seemed using his whole power to make his hands free.

“And I don’t see glass or such that thing that can help.” Thomas fell silent by his own words. Something clicked his mind. Nothing he could use to break the rope. But, there was something strong enough, possibly could break the node. “Minho, are your teeth strong enough?”

Minho frowned. A second later, he grinned. He understood what in Thomas’s mind. “Good idea. You come closer! Will try to untie that klunk.”

Thomas didn’t need to nodded. He approached Minho. Minho hunched behind him. He started to bite the rope, pulled the rope as strong as he could. The other watch them hopefully. Thomas realized there were three couple of eyes aimed to Minho and him. He felt strange being watched by his friends.

“Why are you guys watching us? Don’t you have somethin’ to do?” Thomas’s questions made his friends exchanged glared and showed their silly face. Finally, Gally helped Sonya, just like Minho helped him.

They spent about a half to made their hands free.

“I think we should keep our hands hiden.” Thomas suggested as he collected the ropes. “Perhaps they will do something worse if they see our hands free. Maybe handcuff us.”

“You’re right, Greenie.” Gally rose up. He headed to the corner. “At least, I can lean my back.” He yawned again.

Thomas followed Gally, looking for comfortable position. Sonya, Brenda, and Minho got their own position. They needed to get rest since the next couple days will be exhausting.

He was in the dark room. His eyes open. But, all he could see were blackness. Light slowly crept. Blackness faded. He justified his eyes, trying to get used with the sudden bright. He eventually could see. He was in the room whose the ceiling and wall colored white.

Someone smirked at him. His brown eyes shine in happiness. He approached him, limping. Then, two other guys showed from behind the first guy. Asian boy and dark skinned boy. He was about to take his step, getting close to his friend when everything suddenly changed.

A vicious creature mix of animal and machine took the place between he and his friends. His body froze. The creature motioned to his friends. Three of them took step back. The creature moved faster. They pushed theirselves to walk faster. But they couldn’t move farther. They reached the wall.