Chapter 26

24.11.18

----------

The boy nodded. Then, the other boy came to face them. He opened his mask. It was Riley, the Keeper of the Builder. There were so many questions in Thomas’s head. If he didn’t give a damn about the situation that surrounded them he would state all of the questions in one breath. He chose to hold them back. Not now. The conversation could make the others get suspicous.

“Newt, great to see you.” Frypan placed his hand on Newt’s shoulder, gripped it tightly. His smile’s getting wider, showing that he missed the second in command so much.

Newt looked back at Frypan. A small smile escaped his face.

“Fry, how can you guys arrive here? Are—”

“Hold on, Tommy!” Newt cut him off.

Thomas shut his mouth, realizing he’d just done a stupid thing, especially with excitement controlled his tone. Forgot that he’d just reminded himself.

“We better go finding a good place to talk.” Newt suggested, accepting agreement from his friends.

“Follow me!” Riley ordered. He turned back, starting to move. No one argued. They went after him.

Riley lead them entering a small path. A few stores and house were passed until they arrived at the bakery. Riley entered the bakery. The smell of cake, cream, sweet, and such greeted them. Minho elbowed Thomas in the gut, grinning. His face pointed at those delicious cakes. Thomas smiled. He also hoped he could eat one of them.

Unfortunately, Riley walked past the chairs, tables, and the display window of the cakes. He didn’t stop as they reached the kitchen, but entered another door. He waited at the threshold, letting the others get in to the room. After all of them were in the room, he shut the door from outside, guarding.

There was a table surrounded by eight desk. Someone was waiting for them, sitting on one of the desk. He dressed like an astronaut, covering his whole body and using a square helmet. Thomas scanned the person from his shoes to his helmet. He was sure he didn’t know him. However, he was curious. Another question formed.

As the person turned, he saw his face clearly. At the moment, he denied his thought. Sure, the clothes he wore didn’t show his real posture. By seeing his face, even though his cheekbone looked clearer, he recognized him. Gally would very happy to meet that man.

“Vince?” the name came aloud from Thomas’s mouth. He let his mind processed some memories, some flashes memories with Vince. He had only one day with him. It was a wonderful day.

“How are you, Thomas?” Although he used a helmet, his voice was clear. Vince sounded like an old friend, not like the one who aimed the gun to him the last time they met.

While the others frowned—except Frypan—Thomas was approaching him. He stopped in front of Vince whose hand reached out. He caught his hand, doubtfully shook it. The last time he met Vince, the man exploded WICKED’s headquarter, not caring about the innocence that trapped there.

“What are you doing here, Vince?” that was his first question. Soon after Vince answered him, he would ask for another question.

“To save you and your little group. What else?” Vince shrugged at the end of his sentence. “Have a seat, Thomas! Calm your mind.”

This time, Thomas frowned. The answer easily raised his curiosity. For a moment he stood still. He needed three second to respond. He pulled a chair out, sitting right beside Vince.

“Save us? It was shuckin’ bullshit! The last time I heard your thought, you only cared about your business with WICKED.” Thomas rose his voice.