Chapter 24

October 23, 2018

-----------

Amazing new cover from zhrayalines
thanks a lot.

Amazing new cover from zhrayalinesthanks a lot

-----------

An echoing sound of explosion filled the elevator, followed by a big jolt. Thomas knew the explosion would affect the elevator though it didn’t reach their area. A rope or whatever the stuff that hold the elevator would certainly break. So, not long after the jolt, the elevator slid down with a high speed. For the second time after more than an hour, Thomas felt his whole body trembling.

A loud boom heard as the elevator touched the bottom of the building. The materials that formed the elevator box were strong enough so the collision between them didn’t damage the interior section. The three of them were safe, only felt a bit shock, especially Newt.

“That was ... crazy.” Newt murmured. He tried to move his hand which still a little shaking. He pressed the button to open the door, but nothing happened. “Now, this is our problem.”

Minho attempted to open the door using his hands. He gathered his energy until his muscle strained against the metal door. Apparently, he didn’t need to do that. The metal door was broken. It could be easily opened. There were two person out there griping a Launcher in each hand. Thomas shot one of them and Newt finished the other one before they both used their launcher.

Thomas walked past them. Newt and Minho took their launcher. They moved, running their legs on the small passage between the hotel rooms. Weapon lifted. Eyes darted around. Thomas stopped before he went across the intersection, making Newt and Minho do the same. He saw a pack of WICKED men came from the left and the right direction. A man shot his launcher. The bullet blew a few inches from Thomas’s head. He took a step back.

“This way!” Minho opened a door.

Thomas and Newt followed him to enter the room. Minho locked the door right after all of them got in to the room. They headed to the one and only access, the window. Newt dragged a chair to broke the glass. The others immediately stepped away. He lifted the chair. When he was about to swing it, the cell phone that stuffed in his pocket ringing.

“Shuck! What is that?” was a question that expressed Minho’s feeling. He stared at Newt warily.

“This.” Newt stood the chair, calmly took the phone. He answered the call without looking at the number. He knew where’s the call came from. “Hallo, Clare.”

Thomas and Minho exchanged glares. They couldn’t hear the conversation, only guessed based on Newt’s response.

“We’re gonna get back soon. If it’s possible, you can move now. Get to the Jorge’s Berg. Tell Gally he’s in charge now.” Newt ended the call a couple seconds later, stuffing the phone in his pocket. He faced Thomas and Minho. “Hans’s back. But, he’s not in a good condition. His shoulder got shot when he escaped from WICKED. Brenda’s taken care of him.”