Chapter 11

They were placed at the empty room in the Berg. There was no furniture there. There was no couch. They sat on the floor side by side one to another, except Minho who was unconscious-he lied down. A man with a Launcher in his hand stood at the hallway, guarding.

Curious. That was the feeling inside them. No body said a word though. They were silent, letting their thought in their mind. They studied the man for an explanation. They were only a few yard away. It was too risky to speak. A little thing related to their suspicion could be too sensitive. That man would not have a doubt to shoot his Launcher because of hearing such that word.

Thomas had a bad feeling about that man. Since their attackers had Launchers, Thomas suspected they were part of ...WICKED. Besides, they dressed in black, just like WICKED's guards. He exactly remembered that WICKED"s complex had been exploded by the Right Arm, but he couldn't underestimate WICKED. They might had more then one headquarter. Who knew?

Then, what did they want? That question bothered Thomas. He remembered the letter from Chancellor Paige. At the first paragraph, she told that her associates disagreed with her. Was this what she meant? WICKED' people from another headquarter tried to gathered some immune to start all the trial anymore? Thomas sighed. His stomach burnt. WICKED didn't to repeat their trial. They almost completed the blueprint. The only thing they needed was his brain. That might be the plan, taking he and his friend to a kind of laboratory in Denver, then took his brain.

"What's wrong with you?" Brenda whispered, elbowing Thomas in the ribs.

"Ukh .. um .." Thomas exhaled. "Just thinkin' about 'em." His voice as low as Brenda's.

"I think I know what you think of." Both corners of his lip widened, barely smiled.

Thomas nodded. If Brenda was serious an she thought the same her valuation would be more precise. Brenda had her whole memory. And she spent several years staying at WICKED. Brenda definitely knew more than him. He need to discuss about it, right after that man went away.

"What the shuck happened here?"

Thomas turned his head abruptly. Minho's voice was so loud, he already in sit position. Even the man moved spontaneously, turning and lifting his Launcher to them. Luckily, he didn't pull the trigger at once.

"Shut your mouth if you don't want to be shot by this Launcher!" That man scowled. He meant that. And he was so serious, no doubt.

"Who are you? And what do you shuckin' want?" Minho mumbled.

Thomas shook inwardly. That boy hadn't changed yet. He still dared to demand that man even though he had just awoken, just felt how bad that Launcher was. Minho seemed not to care about his words that would make that man angry.

"I said, shut your mouth, idiot!" His voice louder. Furry filled his eyes. Thomas was worry he would pull the trigger.

"I won't do that, except you tell me who you are, shuck face! Where do you take us?" Minho spat. His nerves strained. If he didn't tie, sure he would rise up to ambush that man.

"I remind you one more time, shut your mouth!"

"And I ask you again, where do you take us?" Minho's voice was steady.

"Minho, stopped!" Thomas reminded him. He didn't want something bad happened although he desperately needed the answer too. However he wouldn't ask them now. Not, while that man with his Launcher could shoot all of them.

Minho didn't even glance at him. His eyes glued at that man. "And I don't afraid of your stupid Launcher!"

Thomas hopped he had never heard that words. If he had, he knew it would cause a bad thing. Unfortunately, his ears kept working. Minho really said that. As the proof, the man strode forward, pointing his weapon to them.