shock

I felt a sting of betrayal as I picked up the gadget that was hiding there from me. 

A FUCKING PORTAL GUN???!!!

I felt kind of pleased to know that there was some freedom. He never told me anything about this place or the portal gun he was hiding in a wall of wire. The small bulb protruding from the top was glowing green, seeing Rick carry it around I knew it had some juice left,maybe I could secretly get home....

There was a small grey bar with glowing red digitised letters reading. ' Y/N'S LOCATION' My mouth drops open. The room suddenly grew a dark aura. 'It can't fucking be.....' I shake my head. 

There could be numberless reasons why these specific words would be here.Either from the beginning he knew about my existence, came to my timeline and fucked up my reality and was hiding my only way home or he just had the portal gun to try to help me get home somehow.

I wanted to believe my second thought, the Campaign Manager did call him 'Evil Morty' the possibility for the first was seemingly possible. But I had faith in him, he said he loved me...But from all the things I knew I wasn't entitled to see. I was starting to get paranoid.

Before I could ponder further I could hear  foot steps echoing down the hall. 

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

I shove the portal gun into the drawer and slam wires over it as quickly as possible. I shove the drawer closed and twist the lock with my bobbing clip. I stand up and sprint for the door but the person beat me to it. My heart skips a beat.

' What are you doing here?'

I freeze.