Home

I drop onto a table and hit my head. I suck my teeth in pain. I look up to see it was my dining room. I pick up the portal gun I dropped and look at my familiar surroundings.

There were a few wine glasses on the table that were still half filled with their blood red wine.

They were here still...

I smile to my self staring at the contents on the table. No papers or desk drawers hiding bizarre devices or crossed out paper work. Just empty noodle cups and dried up coffee cups , I knew who and where they came from. I felt so warm as I stood there in my own dimly lit living room again. The Mickey mouse clock on the wall read the time fifty five minutes past seven. I missed looking up at the clock when I was a lot younger and how I enjoy the movement of the hands turn like he was running in slow motion.

Tears were welling in my eyes as I switch my gaze to the kitchen. I felt a lump in my throat as I take small steps through the kitchen door to be greeted by the humming of the air ventilation. Mom was probably cooking something earlier. She had left her plates in the sink, they lay there being consumed with foam. The windowsill was covered with small reptile statues that all shared  their own  red spectrum of gloss through marble exterior that was always eye catching, once I dropped one and attempted to glue it back together but was caught by Ethan who snitched on me. I grin remembering I had kicked his shin after dad yelled at me. It had other things like some rarely used kitchen ware some I'd never seen before.

I look out through the kitchen blinds to see the milky colours of white in the sky were at its peak of widening. My home town was looking more beautiful then ever. I wanted to shout and scream at the neighbours I used to hate and breathe the fresh grassy air. No captivated prison randomly floating in the depths of space any more. I wipe my bitter sweet tears and turn to see that there was someone watching me that whole time.

We make eye contact and their mouth drops open.

'Y-y/n?! Where the hell have you been?!'