Nightmare

After hardly eating or talking. I lay in my bed with the same traumatised expression.

Morty barely noticed or probably didn't care at this point.

The room was dimly lit by the window because the lamp only reminded me of the electric from the ray gun used to shoot the Rick.

I was starting to hate the citadel, the Ricks and the whole idea of being first lady.

I was never truly happy, I only felt safe and protected at times.

Nobody here looked happy, the outside was filled with depressed counter parts as the Ricks and Mortys walked aimlessly, they looked scared and trapped.

The only person who could smile was obviously Evil Morty. Shit I said the 'E' word...I promised I'd never use that word because it made me really see him as evil.

We had a meeting tomorrow and I was certainly not going to attend.

If I was never gonna be taken home then I would just have to find my own way home, I just had to get my hands on the portal gun.

When is he not in that office?

I hear a groan rumbling in the darkness. I stay still as I hear dragging across my floor. My head was trembling , I shoot the covers over my head and curl away from the source of the noise.

Who in my room?

I didn't dare to move as the figure continued to drag itself closer to my bed.

Then there was silence. Maybe I should of agreed to sharing a room with Morty if this was the outcome.

I could hear my rapid breathing as there was a deep breathing covering mine.

Suddenly, my cover is ripped of like a piece of paper. I yelp grabbing my pillow as a shield.

The figure was wheezing there waiting for me to peek at it. I did.

I scream at the top of my lungs to see the scar faced Rick pointing at me with one hand, my quilt cover in the next.

His eyes were red and blood shot, his hair was a mangled mess of black moss on his head and his skin was darker then the walls above.

Only his eyes were visible making things look exceedingly more sinister.

His finger was crudely pointing at me.

What did I do this time?! I just wanna go home!!

'Your just like him...your selfish..afraid full of self denial...' the distorted Rick says.

'The only time you'll realise that is when your faced with a deep tragedy....'

'Your the same!!'

'I'M NOT LIKE HIIIIIIIM!!!!' I scream onto the pillow.

The darkness fades as I open my eyes to see Rick guards rushing into the room. The light is switched on.

I was sweating like mad as the Ricks surround my bed.

'Jesus Miss Y/n you were screaming for five minuets straight!!!'

I look at all of them none of them had scars or were burnt. I had enough of the citadel, I wanted to go home now.

I raise from my bed and aim for the door. 'I have to go...' I say breathlessly.

Two guards cover my exit. 'You have a meeting tomorrow you can't leave you have to sleep' They say pushing me back to bed.

'We'll tell the president you're fine..' I push the Rick's hand away.

'I'M NOT FINE I HAD THE WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE EVER!! NOBODY'S FINE HERE NOT EVEN YOU BUT YOU SCARED TO ADMIT IT CUZ YOU'LL BE KILLED LIKE THAT SCAR FACED GUARD!!! I HAVE TO GO OUT OF MY WAY!!!' I scream at the surprised guards.

The guard flinches but still grabs me.

'LEMME GO!!!' I scream kicking and scratching at them.

'WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE I CAN'T SLEEP WITH ALL THIS SCREAMING!!' I hear Morty shout.

Everything goes silent as Morty stomps over to me. 'She's being stubborn sir...' one guard says sharply.

Morty sighs.' Unhand her I'll deal with this...all of you get out...' The guards March out briskly leaving us  alone.

'What's the matter with you nowadays?' He says getting something from his pocket.

I brawl like a baby and try to speak but end up muttering.

'What? Ugh...pathetic...' he takes out some tablets and empties  two onto his hand.

'Listen take these sleeping tablets they will help you,we can't have you sleeping during a meeting...' he puts a bottle of water next to the lamp.

'Hurry up and sleep okay?' I pretend to put the tablets in my mouth. He doesn't notice. I chug down the water and lay back down.

'Thank you Morty...' I whisper pretending to drift off.

He nods in response and kisses my lips softly. 'Go to sleep' he strokes my cheeks and leaves with the pills and the bottle.

I throw the pills under my bed and sit up in the darkness of my room. I look around.

I hear him telling his guards I was asleep, the many footsteps disappear down the hall.

This is my last chance.

I lay there still paranoid at the terrifying  nightmare I had. I need to wait till it gets a lot brighter.

It was only a dream of course I wasn't like him...I never will be...