Chapter 1

"Must.. keep.. eyes.. open.."
You groan to yourself as you slaved away at your PC. Desperately trying to finish your assignment that was due tomorrow morning. Usually you would go over the deadline and not care. But this specific assignment was set by a particular teacher that happened to be a complete asshole. He always picked on you as he knew you were one of the weaker students. You couldn't help it. Yourself and some friends had become obsessed with gaming online and sometimes things get out of hand and time escapes you.
"Last.. few.. words."
You pushed yourself as you were just about to finish the document. The 9,000 word essay assignment was so close to being finished. You just needed to type three more words and you'll be done. However, as you were about to hit that full-stop button key to end the paragraph. Your screen froze, becoming that  stupid cloudy colour when a software stops working.
"No.. No no no!"
You begin to panic as you grab the desktop screen, shaking it back and forth. The words on the screen begin to jump and shake. Black jagged lines would appear and disappear as the screen continued to glitch.
In a flash, it was gone. The screen turned completely blank. Your entire document was lost. You knew this because, during your tired typing. You forgot to press save every now and again. So out of 9,000 words. Only 5 words were saved. The title of the essay.
"FUCKING. STUPID. PIECE. OF. FUCKING. CRAP!"
You yell with pauses as you smack your computer about. Banging your fist on your desk and stomping on the floor with your foot.
"[Name]! Keep the noise down!"
Your mother calls to you from down the hall as she tries to sleep, along side your farther. Who luckily was a heavy sleeper so your angry rage or your mother's yelling didn't wake him.

Groaning angrily, you take a deep, long breath in and turn on your computer. Again.
Waiting for the screen to load. Your document..blank document appeared. Though your title was gone and was replaced with one word, written in a messy red font.
~ "Hello" ~
Ignoring it out of frustration. You delete it without hesitation. But as soon as the last letter was gone. The entire word re-appears. But repeated twice.
~ "Hello Hello." ~
In the same messy red font.
You tsk with annoyance. Once again deleting the words. But they once again came back. This time, it sent a chill down your spine.
~ "Hello [Name]" ~
Confused and slightly spooked out. You quickly delete the word greeting and close the document, pressing the X. But as soon as you closed it. It re-opened itself. With just your name written in bold and italics. Still in that same, messy red font.
Becoming more irritated, you close the document and make a rush to log off and shut down your computer. Pressing the button as quick as your mouse would let you.
You watch as your screen loads to it's shutting down phase. Watching the apps and softwares fading away. However, before your screen went completely black. That same font appeared across the entire screen.
~ "You shouldn't have done that" ~
The message disappears as the screen turns black and your computer shuts off.
"What was that about...? Maybe it's time to buy a new PC..."
Standing away from your desk, you drag yourself over to your bed and flop down on it, pulling the covers over your head as you try and fall to sleep. Thinking of an excuse to tell your teacher in the morning.