Chapter 42

I was glad to see Susie well. I was worried she wasn't going to be recovered enough to go to that school party, but I'm happy to see she proved me wrong.
"Where's Ben? Isn't he usually with you?"
"Yeah! He's right- .. Ben?!"
I turn around, point my arm to where Ben should have been when we came down the stairs. Instead, I point at the wall and open space, Ben nowhere to be seen. He said we wouldn't leave me anymore..
"Well.. he was just.. here.."
I awkwardly turn back around to Susie but she smiles and shakes her head.
"It's okay! We can all go for a meal again together later and actually eat the food this time."
We laugh together but I felt bad for laughing as I would have thought Susie would want to keep away from public places incase she's kidnapped again.. well, I guess she didn't actually get captured inside the café..
"[Name]! Dr Yuuto called! He says your late for your appointment!"
My mother calls from the kitchen. Groaning and taking a deep breath, I give Susie a glance of sorrow filled eyes.
"Sorry.. we won't be able to today... will you come to see Dr Yuuto with me?"
"Of course I will."

~**~

"Okay [Name]. That's good. Now, tell me what you see."

I stand shivering in the same cold, dark, eerie hallway with peeling wallpaper and the stench of rotting flesh. Listening to the sound of the monster scratching and snapping as it crawls it's way to find me.

"I see.. a swinging light.. at the end of the hall.."
"Good [Name]. Can you walk toward it?"

I wanted to run and hide, hide from this monster, but I also needed to find a way out. At the end of the hallway, was a single light. Gently swinging back and forth. Maybe that leads to a way out? Or can point me in the right direction.? Slowly making my way towards it, listening for the monster. But to only hear nothing, silence. Hopefully that was a good sign. However, as soon as I reach the light. It switches off with a loud clunk. Everything  around me became pitch black and I couldn't see a thing.

"Easy [Name]. Try to steady your breathing."

I began to panic, I could hear that horrid monsters sinister laugh, taunting me as it surrounds me from all angles. I couldn't pin point it's direction as it always seemed to change. Rummaging around in my pockets, I find a box of matches. Grabbing them and pulling out a match, I move it to the rough edge to strike it. My entire hands shaking vigorously as my breathing increased. I strike the match, but it snaps and fails to light. The beasts mocking laughter echos even closer than before, which made my heart race.
The wicked laugh got closer and closer, more and more sinister and distorted. Panting frantically, I reach for another match and strike it. Though as soon as it lights up the space in front of me. I scream my lungs at the horror that I see before me. The evil monsters face appeared right in front of me, so close, so menacing. I only saw a glimpse of it, that only being it's mouth, but it was enough to send chills down my spine and for my vocal cords to explode.

 I only saw a glimpse of it, that only being it's mouth, but it was enough to send chills down my spine and for my vocal cords to explode

(The conjuring 2- crooked man for anyone who wants to know)

"[Name]! [Name] open your eyes!"

Dr Yuuto POV
As [Name] begins to describe her surroundings and her fear, her breathing started to increase dramatically and the heart monitor was frantic. 60 bpm, 120 bpm, 200 bpm... It was getting out of hand, if this continued, she was going to have a cardiac arrest.
She begins to mumble when all of the sudden she screams, trashing her arms about, her spine contorting as it arches. Her breathing gasping and the heart monitor going off the radar.
"[Name]! [Name] open your eyes!"

I begin to try and bring her out of the hypnosis but it doesn't seem to work. She remains in her sleepless panic state, her screaming calmed but she was still panting dramatically.

Readers POV
I instantly drop the match and run, the flame puts out almost instantly as it reaches the cold, damp ground.
"DoNt RUUuUuUuUuUnN from MmeEeEE [NaaAame]"
The monster calls as it's demonic, distorted laugh follows me close behind. But suddenly the laughter stops, and so does the sickening sound of bones snapping.
"[Name]. Come back. I thought you loved me? You said you loved me."
I recognised that voice almost instantly, causing me to stop and slowly turn around. There was a small ray of light, Ben standing sad within its dull rays.
"Ben.."
Running over to him, I wrap my arms tightly around him. His fingers slowly snake around my shoulders to hold me tight.
"I'm so glad to see you Ben."
"Why did you run from me [Name]. You said you loved me, remember."
At first I was happy to see him, but then it hit me. I never got a chance to tell Ben I loved him as I was interrupted. So.. this, is not Ben.
Forcing myself back out of its arms. Ben's body begins to melt like candle wax, until the monsters face suddenly appears and pounces forward.

"BEN!"
I scream as I slam myself forward, panting harshly as sweat drips down my forehead. Dr Yuuto crouched by my side, pressing his fingers against my neck. I glance over to the heart monitor to see the screen had gone black, sparks spitting from the back of it.
"[Name]. Who is Ben? You called his name a lot during this session. Who, is, Ben."