Chapter 14

Readers POV
"Who was that [Name]?"
Susie asks as we continue to walk down the street after I had rudely ditched Ben. I felt somewhat bad but I tried to convince myself that I shouldn't because of the fact that I didn't even know him.
"No one important. I didn't even know him. Just some jackass stranger."
Maybe I went a little over the top calling Ben a jackass when he didn't actually do anything wrong. Apart from reminding me of death. But other than that, he seemed a nice guy.. but just how did he know my name? I couldn't understand it. Who is that guy..?
"Well you better hope he's no one important! You got Jakob to keep an eye on!"
She giggles as she nudges my arm. Jakob was a classmate in school who was pretty much in all of my classes. I've had a crush on him for the past 3 years and we have spoken a few times here and there. We share a similar sense of humour, which I found out through listening to his conversations with his friends. At one point I accidentally laughed at something he had said and had to act normal when he turned around. Luckily he and his friends didn't say anything about it. God that was so awkward..
"Yeah I know.."
"You should talk to him. Invite him out for a drink tomorrow."
I turn my head in her direction, raising my brows. I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not because of the huge grin on her face.
"Seriously?-"
"Seriously!"
I wanted to protest but I could see the joyful expression on her face practically begging me to do it.
Sighing deeply, I give her a nod but that only causes her to squeal in excitement, stopping on the spot and grabbing my shoulders, shaking them vigorously.
"You two will make such a cute couple!!-"
"Easy Susie! I haven't asked him yet!"
She stops almost instantly but the huge grin still remained as we carried on our way.
Now that she had reminded me. I couldn't get Jakob out of my head. Dark brown eyes, brown poofy hair. Very tall, elf ears. Elf ears? Suddenly the image of Jakob in my mind merged and formed a figure of Ben with his long pointy ears. Why am I thinking of him!? No matter how much I tried. The only image I could produce in my head was Ben. I thought that maybe it was because I felt guilty for being rude to him.

"Helllooooo?! Earth to [Name]!"
A voice calls as a hand waves in front of my face. It was Susie. Turning to glance at her, she had the expression that I had just ignored her conversation for the past 10 minutes. How long was I thinking for?
"Well?!"
She asks, flicking her wrists down, as if to ask for the answer again. Only problem, I didn't know what the question was.
"I'm sorry, what was the question?.."
She rolls her eyes, gabbing my arm and dragging me down the street as she quickened her pace.
"Never mind. Come on! Les go pick out your outfit!-"
"Susie what if he says no though?!"
"He won't! If he says yes, we'll be prepared! If he says no. I get to beat his ass!"
She giggles as she continues to walk in a quick pace down the street, heading for my house.