Chapter 4

Once we arrive at Andros, worry forms in the pit of my stomach. The water was extremely dirty, and there was rescue ships everywhere, which were searching for mermaids in trouble. "We need to inform the king and queen that we're here," Aisha states, as I nod and wave good bye to the mermaid. She becomes one with the water, as we hurry towards the palace.

We head straight to the palace, before landing on the balcony right outside of it. Alex stands there, having a nervous expression on his face. "Where are they?" I ask, as he frowns. Alex narrows his eyes at me, as I meet his gaze.

"Dad is in a meeting with the council, and mom is searching for any mermaids," he states. "I highly recommend that you two help mom." I nod lightly, as Aisha and I start to walk towards the edge of the balcony. Before we could head out, my mom flies towards us, with a nervous look on her face.

"I'm glad to see you girls again," my mom says, running a hand through her hair. "Unfortunately, I wish it could've been under better circumstances. Now, let's separate and save as many mermaids as we can." I nod in agreement, before flying away from the palace and searching for any remaining mermaids.

"We can make it, sister..." A delicate voice says, as I spot a pink haired mermaid holding a green haired mermaid in her arms. Both of them were trembling and were extremely pale. "Stay calm! I got you!" I state, capturing their attention.

"Princess Aqua!" They say in relief, as I beckon a ship to come to their aid. Once they're on the ship, a bunch of mutants surround me. My eyes widen in shock, as realization hits me.

Someone broke out of the omega dimension and turned all of the mermaids into these horrible monsters. "No..." I say in alarm. "I..."

A powerful beam hits an incoming mutant, as Aisha flies towards me. "Aunt Maris wants us to return to Alfea," she says, as I clench my fists in desperation. "School is going to start..."

Tears form in my eyes. We cannot stay to protect Andros, can we? "I..." I start, as my mom flies towards us, with a sad look on her face. "Mom, please let us stay a little bit longer..."

She frowns. "I'm sorry..." My mom murmurs, before making her orb appear. "Magic orb, teleport them back to Alfea." My eyes widen in horror. "Come back soon." I look at her, as tears stream down my cheeks.

How can she do this? All I want to do is stay there and help. But, no. I couldn't even protect Andros. What kind of fairy am I if I couldn't even protect my home? As the light dies down, we return to Alfea.