Chapter 10

As we travel through the portal back to Alfea, Flora gently holds Aisha's hand. I just hope she's okay. If it was my choice, I would go after Valtor myself. I just need to learn more about my powers in order to fight him.

"Aqua," a voice says, as Jax stands there. Was he in the portal as well? I glance around, realizing that we're in the Alfea courtyard. Tears brim my eyelids, as I gasp in shock.

"Jax..." I say slowly. "I..." His arms wrap around me, as I cry into his embrace. I really missed him. "Aqua, I have been so worried..." He admits, as I bury my face into his chest. "I see that you look different."

I jump back, realizing that I'm still in my new transformation. "I unlocked my true fairy form," I admit, as he smiles. He looks at me, before cupping my chin and forcing me to look into his yellow eyes.

"Aqua, I'm so proud of you..." He murmurs, before giving me a kiss on the lips. I relax in his embrace, feeling safe in his arms. As we step away from each other, he continues to stare into my eyes. "It's time to go into Alfea," I say, as he nods slowly.

We rejoin the others, as all the fairies stare at me in amazement. "She has her Enchantix form!" One of the fairies states, as my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

Mrs. Griselda approaches us, with Stella following right behind. "Girls, I've missed you so much!" Stella states, as I smile. "Aisha, what happened to your eyes?" Aisha lands on the ground and lowers her head in dismay.

"Let's go the headmistress' office," Mrs. Griselda states. I wave good bye to Jax, before following her to Ms. Faragonda's office. In a matter of minutes, we're standing in front of the headmistress.

"I heard about your trip to Andros," she states, as I stare at the ground. I exchange a look with Rena, as she purses her lips in concentration. "We have a good explanation, but please help Aisha first," I beg, as the headmistress nods in response.

"Okay, Aisha," Ms. Faragonda says. "I want you to concentrate on your fairy dust, and once you feel it, use it to heal your eyes." Aisha starts to concentrate, as fairy dust surrounds her and heals her vision.

Her eyes open, as the color returns to her eyes. "Thank you so much!" Aisha cheers, looking at her transformation. That's when all of us release our transformations.

I look around the group, with a bright smile on my face

I look around the group, with a bright smile on my face. "Explain," the headmistress orders, as I look at Aisha. Of course this would happen. We should've expected this.

"A powerful wizard named Valtor attacked my home planet, and I was hoping that we could save my home..." I admit, lowering my head in dismay. "I really am sorry... We shouldn't have done that..." She furrows her eyebrows in concentration, as I run a hand through my hair.

"Valtor is a dangerous enemy that you shouldn't underestimate," she states, before looking at Aisha. "You of all people should know that." I frown, before clenching my fists in desperation.

"I know," Aisha says, refusing to take her eyes off of her. "We learned that." The headmistress nods and intently stares at us. I shift nervously, hoping that we don't get into trouble.

"We learned our lesson," Bloom interjects, as I nod in agreement. If anything, I don't want to go up against Valtor ever again. "We promise..." Flora says, looking at the headmistress. "We won't do something this rash again..."

Ms. Faragonda stares at us. "I know that these rules won't stop you girls from doing what you think is right," she says, as I stare at her in astonishment. "It would be wrong of me to do that."

Stella looks at her in amazement. "What are you saying, Ms. Faragonda?" She asks, as the headmistress sighs and studies us. I exchange a look with Rena, as we eye her carefully.

"We're not going to punish you," she says, as Mrs. Griselda nods slowly. "Next time, please let me know." I nod lightly, as happiness forms in the pit of my stomach.

"Thank you so much!" We say simultaneously, before hurrying out of the room. Part of me wonders why she didn't give us detention or something like that. "That was strange," Tecna admits. "I expected her to give us some form of punishment."

I stare at the ground, pondering on what to do. "I'm going to see Jax," I say abruptly. "I'll talk to you girls later." I hurry to find him, as he sits on the benches and stares at the ground in disappointment.

I sit down right next to him, knowing that he doesn't realize that I'm here. I put my hand on shoulder, as he jumps in surprise. "A-Aqua!" He exclaims in alarm.

"Are you okay?" I ask, as he frowns and stares at the ground. He lowers his head, before resting it in his hands. "Yeah, I'm fine," he says, forcing a smile. "Now, I—"

He tries to stand up and leave, but I take his hand. "Jax, I need you to tell me what's wrong," I say sharply. "You need to let me know what's going on."

He frowns. "I can't, Aqua," he says, as I stare at him with wide eyes. "It's getting late. I need to return to Red Fountain." I try to stop him, but he frees himself from my grasp.

Tears form in my eyes, as he walks away. What does this mean? Why is he acting like this? Just why...? I sigh heavily, wishing that he would just tell me what's wrong.