Chapter 36

My eyes open, as an intense pain forms in my side. I sit up, as my friends surround me. All of them are okay! I smile, as tears form in my eyes. "Aqua, you're okay!" Stella states, before giving me a big hug.

I accept her hug and stare at them. "Ugh, why does everything hurt so much?" I ask in annoyance. "Wait, did we defeat Valtor?" Rena chuckles to herself, before nodding lightly.

"I'm pretty sure that we disintegrated him," she states, with a bright smile on her face. "How are you doing, Aqua?" I smile, before forcing myself to stand up. As I get to my feet, my legs feel a little shaky.

"Listen, I'm sorry..." I murmur, before lowering my head in dismay. "I..." Before I could continue, all of the girls engulf me in a hug. Tears form in my eyes, as relief washes over me.

"Once you fully recover, we'll be going to Obsidian," Bloom states, before glancing at the rest of the Winx. They stare at her in shock, as I nod in Rena's direction.

"That's where Bloom's parents are," Rena explains. "When Aqua and I went to Makani, the book of fate told us they were there and still alive." Bloom smiles and stares at us, before running a hand through her hair.

"I can't wait!" She squeals, before glancing all around. Bloom looks at me for a moment, as her face hardens. "I heard there was a party," I say abruptly. "You girls should join the party and have some fun." 

"Aqua—"

"I'll be fine," I state. "Don't worry about me..." All of them hesitantly stare at me, as I shoot them a reassuring smile. As they leave, as I smile and know that they'll have a wonderful time.

I lay back down, before resting my head on the pillow. People say that I need to rest because I'm temporarily weakened, but I think I might join the others at the party. "Hello," a voice comes, as Jax enters the room.

"Jax..." I murmur. "It's so great to see you." He smiles in my direction, before getting into the bed with me. I bury my face into his chest, feeling at ease.

"Aqua, I was so worried about you," he says softly. "I've never worried so much about someone until I met you." I chuckle to myself, as he gently places his head on top of mine.

"You know, you're the main reason I started to fight back against the darkness..." I admit. He sighs, before pulling me even closer to him.

"Really?"

"Yes," I admit. "I could see and hear what was happening, but when I started wanting to join you guys again, I couldn't help but fight." A smile forms on his face, before we close our eyes and fall fast asleep.