Chapter 40

Once we get into Obsidian, a bug woman attacks us. She was fairly powerful, but we needed to take her down immediately. "Winx, let's defeat her!" Bloom declares, intently staring at the woman.

She looks at Bloom, seemingly surprised. That's when she retreats. Strangely enough, the bugs do the same exact thing. "Who was that?" Flora questions, before glancing all around.

I sigh, as a mountain comes into view. "Magic orb, lead the way to Bloom's parents," I state, as the orb lights up and shows a map. I nod in everyone's direction, as they follow closely behind me.

The orb leads us into a cave, before stopping at three stones. "Look who we have here," a voice comes. I glance all around, as three witches in ghostly form hover over us.

The bug lady emerges from behind one of the stones, with a smirk on her face. "Hey, they look like the Trixs!" Rena states, as the three ancestral witches stare at us in confusion.

"Guys, can you handle the bug lady?" I ask, as Jax nods in response. I turn to stare at the ancestral witches, as they circle around us. "You're going down!" Bloom states, before firing orbs all around.

Stella nods, before creating a bright light, which makes them gasp and cover their eyes. Flora holds out her hands, before sending petal orbs at them. Musa fires sound beams at them, which knocks over some rocks. Rena summons a powerful tornado, which manages to catch the witches up in it.

I look over to the side, noticing the king of Sparks, who is completely turned to stone. He reaches for a sword. This can't be. "Uhhh, Bloom..." I say, capturing her attention. She flies towards me, as her eyes widen in alarm.

"It's a stone creation of my dad," she says. I facepalm, before looking down at my orb. My eyes widen in surprise, as I stare at the statue. "Bloom, this is your dad," I state.

The witches laugh hysterically. "Yes..."

I nod in Bloom's direction, as a smile forms on my face. "Water Stars!" I state, closing my eyes in concentration. The witches gasp in horror and surprise, as a smirk curves around my lips.

"Dragon fire!" Bloom shouts. The water stars and dragon flame combine together, before directly hitting the witches. The ancestral witches fall forward, being severely weakened. "We did it!" I proclaim, looking over at Bloom.

A few seconds later, the witches force themselves to get to their feet. "It's not over yet, fairies," the witches state, as I look at Bloom, whose almost out of magical energy.

"Bloom, what do we do?" I ask, as she progressively gets weaker. She drops to her knees, being much weaker than normal. "Bloom!" A voice calls, as Sky stands next to the sword. As he pulls it out of the ground, a serious expression appears on his face.

He charges at the witches, being launched across the room. "No..." Bloom chokes out, being even weaker. A gasp escapes my lips, as a mask appears on Bloom.

"Daphne," the witches state. My eyes widen in amazement, as Bloom and her sister combine together. I smile, knowing that our chances of beating them increased. Daphne fires a powerful blast at the witches, as they scream.

The bug lady appears behind them, grabbing Bloom and Daphne by the neck. "No!" I yell, sending a beam of water at her and launching her into the wall. She recovers, before hitting me across the room.

That's when the ancestral witches get into the bug lady's body and start to consume her. "Now, we're much stronger now!" They say, as I force myself to stand up.

"You don't have a chance!" Bloom/Daphne states, before firing orbs at them. They charge at them, before choking Bloom/Daphne once again. I try to summon my orb but fail. I try to move but couldn't. All of a sudden, Sky appears behind the witches and stabs them in the back with the sword.

The witches vanish into a purple light, as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. The Obsidian dimension starts to vanish, as we start to appear in Sparks, which is no longer a harsh winter. I couldn't believe it. Sparks is saved!