Chapter 14

The next day, I sit in my bedroom and read a book about magic spells. A few hours ago, Rena and Aisha decided to leave for Andros. I chose to stay here because I wanted to study and make up my mind about what I have to do about Jax.

A knock comes from my door, which causes me to jump in surprise. "Aqua, there's someone here to see you," Musa says, as I get out of bed and rush towards the door. I open it, as she smiles at me.

Jax stands behind her, with a sheepish look on his face. "Aqua..." He says, with a sad expression on his face. "Pack a few things. I really need to tell you something..." I look at him, arching a brow. What does he need to tell me?

I nod. "I'll get the headmistress' permission," I say, as he nods in response. "How long will it last?" He furrows his eyebrows in concentration, before looking at me for a long time.

"About two days," he answers. Why does he need two days if he's just telling me something? I nod slowly, before leading the way to the headmistress' office.

As we enter her office, she turns to stare at us. "Hello, Aqua," Ms. Faragonda says, eyeing us carefully. "What do you need?" I look at Jax, as he nods lightly and narrows his eyes at the headmistress. She heaves a sigh, before adjusting her glasses.

"I need to borrow Aqua for a few days," he states, intently staring at her. "I have to tell her something extremely important." She purses her lips for a moment, as she eyes him carefully.

"Thanks for letting me know," Ms. Faragonda says, before glancing at him. "Aqua, go and get packed." She winks at me, as I blush a heavy shade of red. I head to my bedroom, before packing my stuff and preparing to leave.

I walk into another room, as my friends hang out on the couch. "I'll see you in a few days, Winx," I say, as they turn to stare at me with large eyes. I wave good bye to them, before following Jax to his hover bike.

"Let's go," he says, before we jump onto the hover bike and travel to a beach that's over a thousand miles away. On that beach, he takes me to a beach house that looks absolutely astonishing. "Is this where we'll be staying?" I ask, as he nods lightly.

The living room:

The kitchen:

Bathroom #1:

Bathroom #1:

Bathroom #2:

Bathroom #2:

The bedroom:

The bedroom:

I smile in pure amazement

I smile in pure amazement. "Wow! I love it!" I say, with wide eyes. "How did you do this?" He smiles, before cupping my chin and kissing me on the lips.

"I got a job and saved up some money," he admits, as I stare into his glowing, yellow eyes. He smiles, looking into my blue ones for a long time. "Now, Jax, what do you want to tell me?" I ask.

He sighs heavily. "Right..." Jax says, as his face hardens. "I heard about the Winx fighting Valtor..." I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, wondering why he's bringing this up.

"Yeah...?" I press, as he intensely stares at me. Jax anxiously bites his lips, as he clenches his fists. Does he support Valtor or something? I glare at him, as anger forms in the pit of my stomach. "Aqua, I..." He starts. "Okay, I'm just going to say it..."

"What is it?" I ask, tilting my head to the side in confusion. He scrunches his brow, as a frown forms on his face. I look at him, as he exhales sharply. "Valtor is my uncle..." He admits, as I stare at him in complete and utter horror.

This can't be...! "H-He's your uncle...?" I choke out, as he nods lightly. "Would you side with him?" His eyes widen in surprise, as I start to tremble in his presence. This is his big secret, isn't it? This is what scared him the most.

"I just figured out that I have an uncle," Jax admits, with a frown on his face. "My parents kept it a secret from me because Valtor is pure evil..." I heave a sigh, staring intently at him. "I promise, I'll never betray you..." Tears form in his eyes, as he looks longingly at me.

"I believe you..." I murmur, before staring into his yellow eyes. "Please tell me next time something happens..." He nods, before giving me a kiss on the cheek. I engulf him in a hug, feeling super happy that he trusted me enough to tell me his secret.

"Aqua..." He says softly, holding me close to his chest. "I promise I'll protect you against my uncle." I turn to stare at him with wide eyes, as a look of determination forms on his face. Of course he would try to protect me.

I bury my head into his chest, before closing my eyes. Before I could fall asleep, he gently shakes me awake. I slowly sit up and stare into his yellow eyes. "Let's go get some dinner," Jax states, as he leads the way to the kitchen.

"So, what are we going to bake?" I question, as my stomach growls. He chuckles to himself, as my cheeks flush in embarrassment. "I was thinking that we could go out to eat," he says, as I nod and stare at the sea.

It's so beautiful and peaceful. "Amazing, right?" He asks, as I nod in his direction. If only I could touch those waves and feel their energy.

"Let's go get something to eat," I state, as a smile flashes across his face. He nods in agreement, before eagerly staring at me for a long moment.