sixteen

"Jisung, I going to ask you something and I want you to tell me the honest truth".

"Okay". He sighs.

"What do you do". I ask, making it not sound like a question.

"What do you mean?".

"Be honest". I chuckle. "Minho, Felix, and Changbin say you're bad news.

"Bad news? Are they talking about my friends?".

"I suppose. Minho just said that you and your friends do bad things and you've dragged Changbin into it too". I look down, avoiding his stare.

"You want me to be honest and you want the truth". Jisung sighs.

"Yes".

"My friends and I aren't bad, we just do things that make us seem bad". He looks down, playing with the blankets.

"Like what?".

"We...have meetings with gangs and go to parties every night and we hurt people if needed but we don't want to, in fact, we're against it. Our main goal is to try and keep the major gangs away from hurting innocent people". Jisung pauses, as if he's thinking of words to say.

"What major gangs?". I ask, my voice sounding soft and quiet.

"Well, there's main just 2 major groups but we are rivals with the Sorty gang, your friend Park Taemin is the co-leader to it".

"Taemin? How...Why?".

"Everyone swears that his family are the founders to it".

"The Parks have always been nice to me, they could never. They never had a bad bone in their body". I shake my head, trying to not think about it. "Taemin was the only bad one". 

"I wouldn't know the full story Joelle. I barely know this much information, our leader doesn't share much abo-".

"Jisung, Changbin is here, he says that you need to go with him and that it's important". Jeongin says, knocking on my door before opening it.

"Okay, thank you". Jisung smiles.

"Something important huh? Is it your 'work'?". I avoid eye contact, already knowing the answer.

"Why are you acting like this?".

"Acting like what? I simply just asked a question".

He scoffs, shaking his head, "You told me to be honest and I did. Just call me if you need anything". 

I can't believe this. I can't believe he really told me all that. I can't believe it's true. 

My eyes wander across the room to the giant mirror hanging from the wall. I stare at my appearance for the first time in a while.

I looked like how I felt, just like hell.