eighteen

Joelle | 1:10 am
Jisung, I want to help you and Changbin. A certain person told me your original intentions with me and I...I want to help you.

Jisung | 8:45 am
Help us?

Jisung | 8:45 am
you can't be serious, right? Is this a joke?

Joelle | 8:46 am
No, I want in. I want to help you guys.

Joelle | 8:46 am
What more do I have?? Nothing. I just want something to do and plus Minho told me what your original plan was so why can't I join

Jisung | 8:47 am
I can't believe I'm doing this..

Jisung | 8:47 am
Meet me at the mall at 1pm

Joelle | 8:48 am
Are you agreeing?

Jisung | 8:48 am
Mall. 1pm.

Joelle | 8:48 am
I'll be there 

Read

- time skip, it's now 1pm -

"Joelle!". A voice yells, capturing my attention as I turn towards the food court.

"Oh, Jisung!". I smile, walking over to him.

"Hey good to see you again, sit please. I got you this drink too". Jisung says, sliding over a coffee as we both sit down.

"Thanks". I smile once more.

"Now". He begins to speak but seems to lose his words. "About your texts this morning....are you really sure?".

"Yes. I gave some thought into it and it may seem weird right now but honestly, what more do I have? I can't go to my classes anymore knowing that I can't share the spotlight with her. I can't stay at home with everyone, I'm not ready to start a career...I just don't know what to do".

He raises an eyebrow, "And helping us is what you want?".

"Not exactly, I just think it'll give me some excitement and it'll be a new experience and I want to see what you mean by the businesses you guys handle".

Jisung doesn't respond, his eyes stare at his drink and a weird look appears in his face, "Okay".

"What?".

"Okay, you can but you'll need to meet Jaime". He gets up from his seat. "And, we need to go shopping, come on".

"Shopping? Why?". I ask, grabbing my small backpack.

"Well if you really want to do this, we'll need to change up your outfits a bit more, plus I wanted to get some new stuff too".

I nod my head in response as he leads us to our first shop.

"This is my favorite shoe store, it has every style of shoe". Jisung says, not turning around to look at me.

"Alright".

"Come with me". Jisung grabs my hand, leading me to the back of the store.

"And I have to get shoes that fit the image?". I say, picking up a black pair of timberlands before putting them back.

"Joelle, your closet and style is very cute and girly, if you really want to be invested in doing this, then yes".

"Alright". I sigh.

I look at the various shoes hanging on the walls on their very own shelves. I'm definitely getting these black tims.

"How about these". Jisung holds up a pair of shoes.

"Yes those". I grab the box which said my shoe size.

We quickly walk up to the counter and pay right after Jisung grabs a pair of black and white vans.
__

As the day went on, Jisung and I went to various shops, looking for the right outfits that'll fit the "image". Currently, him and I are sitting in one of the many restaurants inside of the mall.

"Joelle, why do you want to do this". Jisung asks, swirling his straw around in his drink.

"I told you, I-".

"No, I get that but why do this?". He looks up at me. "You could have gotten a puppy or started a new passion or-".

"There's nothing else that I want to do". I sigh in defeat. "I wanted to be an actress with Borah, I wanted to one day walk up on that stage and thank her for everything. I wanted to share a dream with her, I even dreamt of sharing a movie or show with her...but how can I go through with that if she isn't here?".

"I'm sorry". Jisung grabs my hand, slightly running his thumb over it as a way to calm me.

"Remember when you saw those texts that were on my phone from that day?". I asks, he nods in return. "I originally thought it was you playing a joke on me".

"You thought it was me?". He asks.

"I didn't know what to think and at that time you were acting weird".

"They haven't texted back since then, right?".

"No". I lower my head. "I don't get what it means though. I've never-".

My eyes widen, oh my god could it be?

"What is it?".

"You said Taemin was like your rival...right?".

"Yeah". Jisung pauses. "Do you think he did this?".

"I ran into him one day at a coffee shop as I was on my way to class, he was still creepy and I didn't want to talk to him and then when me and you went to that party- oh my god".

"He thought you and I were together".

"Well you did act protective". I shake my head. "This gives me another reason why I want to join in. I need to figure out what his deal is".

"Well, I guess I can't tell you no. Let's take you back to your house and then you can meet Jaime".

"Okay". I say, my breath sounds shaky.

This is crazy. This is completely crazy.