twenty seven

"Ah, Joelle! It's nice to see you again. Thank you for joining Chaelyn with the shopping". Jaime smiles, greeting me as Chaelyn leads me into their house.

"Hi Jaime, it's nice to see you again and it's not a problem, I'm happy I did". I smile.

"Yeah that's because you got to eat food". Chaelyn laughs.

"You did too!". I laugh with her.

"Chaelyn, Joelle, during this party I was wondering if you two could go around to certain people and see how they are doing". Jaime rubs his hands together.

I smile wide, "Which people? I have no problem with that".

"That's the spirit! Follow me, I'll show you who". Jaime turns, leading us out of the main entrance.

"Just to be clear, you're just asking us to be like 'how are you doing? are you enjoying yourself?'". Chaelyn asks.

"Well yeah, just be friendly. I'm not asking you girls to do anything extreme, I just want these certain guest to feel comfortable".

Jaime opens a door, revealing huge office with a giant desk in the middle.

"Don't mind this office, I haven't finished setting up completely since I work out of the other one but". He pauses before handing Chaelyn some papers. "Here is a list of names and pictures".

"So only these 4 people?". I ask, double checking.

"Yes, please memorize them and check in every now and then to see how they are then the rest of the night is yours". Jaime smiles.

"We can do this, don't worry dad".

"I'm counting on you two, I want these four to feel comfortable".

"Chaelyn and I got this". I smile, looking at the list once more.

"Good, now I must get back out there and prepare but in the meanwhile, you two are excused to do whatever".

Chaelyn and I bow to him before leaving as she leads me to her bedroom.

"Joelle, what is in the huge ass bag? I told you to bring an outfit not your entire room". Chaelyn laughs, jumping on her bed.

"Well I brought some options". I said, giving her a 'duh' like face.

Her face lights up, "Show me".

"If you say so". I shake my head, unzipping the black duffel bag full of outfits. "Okay I really only brought three outfits".

"Kim Joelle, just show me the first one". She laughs, resting her head on top of her palm.

"So this is outfit one". I hold up a long black sleeved crop top and a red checkered skirt. "I thought of pairing this with some black ankle boots or something".

"Cute but what's the next one?".

"This is the next one". I hold up the second option, a red tank top/crop top that looked like it zipped up in the middle with a black skirt. "I brought some heels that might go well".

"Hmm, I like that one but what the next option?".

"Okay this is my favorite, I'm torn because i kinda like the others but I love this one". I hold up a white tube top with a black pencil skirt that had a lace up style on each side.

"That one is perfect for you but which shoes would you wear". Chaelyn sits up.

"I thought these black thigh high boots would look good, would it?". I hold up the shoes.