forty one

"Chaelyn, I don't know what to do". I say into the phone as I hold the letter in my fingers. 

"Joelle, what if I went with you?".

"She told me to go alone though....". 

"But what if something happens? No offense but what if this is a set up? What if she is doing this to take you to Taemin or whatever". 

"Yeah you're right". I pause. "Maybe you should go with me".

"Smart thinking....you said it was tomorrow?". 

"Yeah, at 3pm".

"Alright, I'll come and pick you up and we'll go, just tell Jisung we're going to the mall to hang out". 

"I hate to lie to him but I have to take care of myself too, I want to be there to protect him". 

"I know it hurts but it's worth it Joelle....just remember that I'll be there with you". 

"I know, thank you Chaelyn".

"No problem, jo. I have to go help my mom but I'll pick you up around 2:30, is that good?". 

"That's fine". 

"Alright, bye Joelle". 

"Bye Chaelyn". I say into the phone before ending the call.

A huge amount of weight felt like it was lifted now that I know I won't be going alone.

"Hey you". Minho smiles as he sits down on the bed next to me. 

I fold the letter, placing it on the nightstand, "Hey Minho". 

"What's that paper?". He asks. 

"Oh just a letter from my parents". I pause, thinking of something to say. "They got a new pet and are going on another trip again". 

"Oh I see". Minho smiles. "By the way, Chan bought food for all of us, do you want to come eat?". 

"Do you think I would turn down food?". I laugh.

He stands up, "Let's go eat then". 

"Minho, I-".

"Is everything alright?". 

My eyes look up to meet his, a concern look started to creep on his face as he sat back down on the bed. 

"Everything is fine". I look down at my hands. "I'm just not sure on what I should do".

"Joelle, you stand up, walk down the stairs and just get some food to eat". Minho chuckles, trying to make the mood lighter. 

I smile, "No, I know how to do that...I'm not sure on what I should do with Yuna". 

"Yuna?"

"Yeah, that letter was actually from her". I say, grabbing the letter and handing it to him so he could read it. 

"Are you going to meet with her?". Minho asks once he finished reading.

"I-I'm thinking about it. I don't want to go alone but Chaelyn offered to go with me so I'm relieved by that but what if it's a trick?". 

"You can't bring Jisung?".

"I don't want to hurt him and at this point, he's protected and taken care of me more times than I can really count, I want to take care of myself and my problems".

"Is it the same for Changbin too?".

 "Changbin feels like a brother and I feel like if I bring him and not Jisung, the two of them would still go. Plus, Changbin would tell him". 

"Well, Joelle....I think this would be one of those situations where you take the problem into your own hands and decide for yourself". Minho pauses. "You said Chaelyn would be with you so that's some protection right there. Who really knows if this is a trick or not but you'll never really know....and if it is, all nine of us will hunt Park Taemin and your sister down until we find you. We love you and won't let anything bad happen to you. Overall, I think you should do it. I think you should meet with Yuna but just be really careful and always stay with Chaelyn". 

"You're right". I smile, looking up at him. "Thank you Minho".

"Anytime, Jo". Minho smiles, pulling me into a tight hug. 

"Please don't tell the others, especially Jisung". I say, wrapping my arms around Minho as we hug. 

He sighs, "I won't, you have my word". 

"Now let's go eat, I'm starving". I say, running out the room as Minho follows shortly behind. 

"When are you not". Minho laughs. 

"Never, that's when". I join in on the laughter.

"Whoa, what's so funny?". Jisung wraps his arms around me. "Hi baby". 

"Hi". I smile, falling into his chest as my arms wrap around his body. 

He holds me in his arms for a few moments as we just stand there at the bottom of the staircase. Due to Jisung being taller than me, his chin softy rested on the top of my head as he hummed to a soft sound. The quietness between us felt somewhat comforting and nice.

"Joelle, Jisung! Come eat!". Woojin yells from the kitchen as the other boys talk and laugh with each other. 

"Come on, lets go". Jisung lets go and grabs my hand instead. 

I smile in response.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?". He asks, letting go of my hand as he moves his towards my forehead, checking for a fever. 

"Yes, I'm just tired still". I grab his hand. "Now, lets go eat before they eat it all the food". 

Don't hate me for lying to you like this but I must defend for myself....

;