forty six

Jisung's pov

"Hyunjin, you can't do that!". Jeongin laughs as Seungmin, Hyunjin and him played a game of Uno. 

Hyunjin laughs, "What are you talking about, it was my turn".

The nine of us currently sat around in the living room as we played games or played on our phones. I was just zoning off towards the empty back wall. 

How can we all just be sitting around when that insane guy has Joelle AND Chaelyn?

"What's wrong, Ji?". Minho asks me as he brings me back to reality. 

"I'm just thinking". I say, giving him a reassuring smile.

"About?".

"Joelle".

"Did Jaime help you out? Did you get any information?". He asks. 

"Yeah he told us that both Joelle and Chaelyn's phone were active during the time of them being at the mall but then they were manually turned off". I paused. "But he hacked into the mall's cameras and we saw Yuna taking with them right before she pushed them into a van". 

"Oh my-". Minho pauses as he almost sounds like he's choked up. 

"Shocked?".

"A little but I-I.....". Minho looks down. "I may have convinced her to go".

My body tenses a little as my expression becomes serious, "What do you mean?".

"I went to go tell her to come eat and she wanted to talk with me and she said that Yuna reached out to her and she didn't know if she should go or not and I suggested that she should go just to hear her out. I read the letter Yuna sent Joelle and she seemed like she really wanted to apologize". Minho pauses. "Please Jisung, don't think I set her up. I didn't know Yuna would do that, they're sisters I thought they should work things out".

"Are you kidding me?". I shake my head, my voice becoming louder. "Why would you suggest her to go?".

"Jisung, keep your voice down, please". He begs. 

"NO". I yell, standing up. "Because of you, my girlfriend is gone and I don't know where she is". 

"Jisung, stop". Changbin joins in. "Yelling at Minho isn't helping the situation". 

"Stay out of this Changbin". I glare at this before noticing everyone was now looking at me. "How can we all just be sitting here knowing that Joelle and Chaelyn may be in danger? Are we just going to let this go?". 

Tears start forming in my eyes as a breakdown starts to form. A knotted feeling forms in my body, making me feel tense as I can't move. 

Minho pulls me into a tight hug and I immediately hug him back tightly. Tears finally leave my eyes, the warm yet salty liquid running down my face.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you". I plead out as Minho continues to hold me. 

"I know". He says, moving his hand so it's not rubbing my back, trying to calm me down. 

Moments later, the other boys join us as mine and Minho's hug turns into a giant group hug. 

"You're right". Woojin pauses. "We shouldn't be sitting around". 

"What can we do to help?". Chan asks as we all break apart from the group hug. 

Joelle's pov

"We cannot keep her here". 

"Daehyun is right. I will not stand by this, why can't you just get over her?!".

"REMI SHUT UP". 

"Taemin, don't yell". 

"Yuna, shut up and go back to the house". 

"Fine". 

Voices, roughly four of them, were talking outside the door of the dirty office I was in. The last thing I remember was that guy stabbing something into my arm and now, I'm laying on some couch in a messy office of some sort. 

Papers were scattered all over the floor, a broken chair rested in the corner of the room, rusty file cabinets were on either side of a broken, taped up window. 

Wait....I bet I could fit through there.

I push my body up and off the couch as I quickly make my way towards the window. Pushing the wooden desk underneath the window, I raise my body up so I'm standing on top of the desk itself. Black tape was plastered across it until I ripped it off, revealing a corn field. 

Where are we?

I shake the thoughts out of my head and before I know it, I'm already pushing myself out of the window. 

I'll be back for you, Chaelyn. 

I carefully climb down a conveniently placed ladder that rested against the side of the building. 

Before I could reach the last few steps, my body was harshly ripped off the rusty as the next thing I know, I'm laying on the ground, groaning in pain. 

A body climbs over and sits on top of my stomach as a heavy hand collides with my face, slapping my right cheek. The person does it two more times before they hold my arms above my head. 

"HEY". The person yells. "She tried to escape". 

It's a male....

"HURRY". The man yells again, causing two other men to come running out of a side door. 

"Wait until Taemin hears about this". A tall man says as he roughly grabs onto my arm, pulling me back into the building and up a small staircase.

"Please, what does he want with me?". I softly ask but instead, the tall man slaps me. 

"Don't speak unless you're told to". He says sternly. 

I nod frantically and we continue walking towards a group of people. 

"Taemin, sir, we caught her trying to escape". The man says, shaking my arm as we stopped in front of the large group.

"Thank you, Seok, please put her back in the cell". Taemin pauses. "I'll deal with her later". 

The man nods before leading me to another part and eventually back down to where Chaelyn was. 

I was so close...