forty four

Jisung's pov

"Jisung? Is that you? What are you doing up so early? It's usually just me up early". Woojin shakes his head, chuckling slightly.

"I was waiting for her". I say back, my voice sounding quiet and cracked. 

Woojin sat down next to me on the couch, "She still hasn't showed up?". 

I shake my head in response. I stayed up all night waiting for Joelle to just walk through the door or even just text me but it hasn't happened. 

"I don't get it". Woojin pauses. "Joelle is responsible and always makes sure we know where she is".

"And it's not just Joelle, Chaelyn hasn't been answering too". 

"Jisung, have you called Jaime to ask if Chaelyn is home or if Joelle is there?". Changbin asks, suddenly walking into the living looking as if he hasn't slept all night like me. 

"No I haven't, I'll go do it now". I say, getting off the couch and walking to the front of the house to call Jaime. 

As the phone rings, my stomach is hit with about a million feelings. 

What if she isn't there? What then? What will I do? How will I find her?

"Hello? Jisung?". Jaime answers the phone.

"Hi Jaime, I'm sorry for calling this early but did Joelle happen to go over to you house last night?".

"Hmm, no she didn't". 

"And would Chaelyn happen to be home?". 

"Now that you mention it, Chaelyn isn't here either. Why? Did something happen?". 

"No, not that I know of but it's just that Chaelyn and Joelle went to the mall together yesterday and I haven't heard from either of them since they left the house". 

"She said something about going to hang out with Joelle". Jaime pauses. "How about you come over to the house and we'll figure this out". 

"I'll be over in about an hour, is that fine?". 

"Yes, that's perfect". 

"Alright, thank you Jaime". 

"I'm glad to help but don't worry too much Jisung, they're both smart girls, they're problem off having fun and their phones died or something". 

"You're right. I'll go get ready, bye Jaime". 

"Bye Jisung". 

As he hangs up on the call, my heart feels like it drops as my body drops down so I'm sitting on the on the concrete steps. Tears slowly but surely form in my eyes as they threaten to fall. 

"Ji? Is everything alright?". A voice asks, opening the front door. 

I turn to see Minho sitting down next to me and before I know it, he pulls me into a comforting hug and that's when the tears really begin to fall. 

"She's not at Jaime's house, he hasn't seen her or Chaelyn. Where could she be? This isn't like her". I try to say without chocking over my tears. 

"Jisung, we'll find them. I'm sure they're alright". Minho says, trying to comfort me. "Come on, let's get you inside". 

"I have to go get ready, I'm going to meet Jaime at his house". 

Minho rubs my shoulder comfortingly, "Alright well go get ready". 

I nod in response before heading up to the room I shared with Joelle. Her penguin plushie lied neatly on top of her pillow as it slightly made me smile.