thirty

"I'm home". I call out softly as I close the door behind me.

"Joelle? Is that you? Where the hell have you been? I was about to send Jeongin and Woojin out to find you but knowing them they would go off to the arcade. I've been texting Jisung and I never got any response, I texted you! You said you were going to call and you never did. I'm glad you're getting out of the house and hanging out with friends but what about your classes? We've been getting calls, they going to kick you out". 

"I'm sorry Chan, I'm sorry I worried you. You're right, I should have checked in". I say.

"I hate sounding like a strict parent but you're one of my best friends Joelle, I can't lose anymore people...one is enough". Chan says softly as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"I know Chan, I'm sorry". I hug him back.

"Stop saying sorry before I give you another lecture". He laughs. "Come on, I bet you're hungry. I made breakfast but everyone went back to sleep".

"How have they been?".

"Jeez Joelle, you make it sound like you've been away for a while". He laughs more.

"Well I'm just curious, I haven't left my room in a while remember?".

Chan hands me a plate of food, "They're fine but Yuna has been feeling a little sick, I think it's a cold but we got her some medicine".

"Oh really?".

"Yeah, it seems to be helping her". Chan says, sitting across from me at the table.

Just then, as if it couldn't of been better timing, loud glass shattering sound was heard as it echoed throughout the quiet house.

"What the hell was that?". I ask, getting up to investigate.

"Language". Chan scolds me.

"Guys I woke up to get my laundry and someone threw this rock through the back window". Jeongin said, rushing out the laundry room as he held the rock in his hands. "It has a note too".

Chan takes off running to see the damaged window.

"Let me see". I say, grabbing the rock out of Jeongin's hands.

Tapped on the grey rock was a folded note.

Joelle,

Hi love! Do you miss me? I sure miss you. It seems to be that you're getting closer to that Jisung guy, you know that I don't like that. Did you know, I had to spend a few hours getting stitches because of that asshole? God Joelle, what do you see in him? I was and will be way better. I'm getting off track, I just wanted to say that you're not safe. Next time, I'll make sure that guy doesn't see the sunlight. I don't care who I have to use to get to you. You. Are. Mine. We'll be in touch soon, very soon.