bonus chapter

bringing you a bonus chapter of just Chaelyn and Changbin!!
__

Chaelyn's pov

It's been a few days since the event with Taemin and everyone.

Jisung and Chan practically live in Joelle's hospital room as they take turns checking up on her.

I feel bad for Jisung....he just got Joelle back from Taemin only to have him spend his time in a hospital as he sits there, wondering when she will wake up. Plus, when he told us that she might wake up with some memory loss, that scared us all.

I hope she doesn't forget about us and just the bad times...nobody would want to remember those.

"Hey, what are you doing here?". A voice says, capturing my attention. "Is something wrong? You've been looking at your drink for a few minutes".

"Huh?". I say, my eyes looking up to meet Changbin's.

He laughs, "I asked if something was wrong".

"Oh no, I'm just thinking about something". I say.

"Could I join you?".

I smile, "Go ahead".

Changbin sits down across from me, a big smile shining on his face.

"What were you thinking about?". He asks, taking a sip of his drink right after.

"Just....stuff". I look down. "Mainly everything that's happened".

"She's going to be alright, Chaelyn. He'll be alright too". Changbin says as if he read my mind, finding out the real reason behind my thinking.

"I hope so, I feel so bad about this all, my dad does too".

"We all feel bad about it but we just have to wait and see, even Jisung knows that". Changbin places his hand on my, rubbing it comfortingly with his thumb. "Do you want to go for a walk? It can help clear your mind".

I smile, "That sounds perfect".

In one swift move, he grabs my hand and we proceed to get up from the table before grabbing our drinks.

"Where should we walk to?". He says, looking at me.

"The park?". I suggest.

He smiles, "The park it is".

"Changbin, what did you go to the cafe for?".

"I was there with Hyunjin and Felix, we were going to go visit Joelle and get Jisung something to drink". He pauses. "Then I saw you sitting alone and you looked like something was wrong so I told them to go without me".

"Oh".

"Don't do that". He laughs. "I chose to leave them and be with you, I want to make sure you're okay. Plus...I like being with you".

I laugh, "The Seo Changbin likes being around me? What an honor, I feel special".

He laughs, "Well you are special to me".

I stop walking and stare at him, "What does that mean?".

"Oh Chaelyn, when will you get the hint?". Changbin says, shaking his head as he continues to walk down the street.

"Hey, wait! Don't leave me". I say, catching up to him.

"So what are you going to do now?". He asks as I begin to walk next to him again.

I give him a confused look, "What do you mean?".

"Well are you going to stay and be in SA for your dad or are you doing something else?". He pauses. "I've been thinking about leaving, Jisung has been too, but don't tell your dad yet, we're not sure".

"I know binnie". I smile. "But to answer your question, I've been wanting to return back to school, maybe go to a college, or maybe I could just get a job and try to adult on my own, you know?".

"Yeah I understand. I kind of want to get into music".

"Music?".

He smiles, nodding as he does so.

Silence fills the air for a while but it didn't feel awkward, it somehow felt really comforting.

We finally reach the park before walking over towards the swings.

"Do you think everything will start going back to normal?". I ask, my head lowered as I stare at the ground underneath me.

"Normal?".

"Yeah...everything before Taemin, before Joelle even came to SA..". I pause. "Will she leave too? What if she doesn't even remember me? She's my best friend..".

"We won't know for sure but if that does happen, we just have to work on helping her regain her memory". Changbin says, looking over at me.

I smile, "You're right".

"Chaelyn, I-". Changbin begins to say but his words suddenly stop.

"Yeah?".

"I know this isn't the best timing but...you do know that I like you, right ?". Changbin says without looking at me, his soft eyes now stare are the ground beneath us.

My heart drops to my stomach..I've been wanted to hear those words for forever.

"I hoped so". I respond back.

"Well it's true, it's 100% true".

I smile, "Well I like you too binnie, I have ever since Jisung brought you to SA".

He looks over at me with a big smile on his face, "Are you free tomorrow?".

"Yes I am".

"I'll pick you up at 5:30 then".

I fake gasp, "Wait is Seo Changbin asking me on a date?".

He does the same, "Will Chaelyn be ready by 5:30 so he can take her on a date?".

I laugh, causing him to laugh as well.

"Come on, let's get out of here, it's starting to get cold". Changbin says, grabbing my hand as the two of us begin to leave the park.

What a day this turned into...

<><><><>

the sequel is up! thank you so much for giving this book so much love and reading it, i appreciate it so much. 

thank you 💓
                                            love, hcndery