forty eight

As time went by, minutes felt like hours as the boys and I sat at a wooden picnic table at a small park down the street from the location we had to be at.

"How much longer?". Woojin asks, shaking his leg up and down nervously. 

"34 minutes". I reply, checking the time on my phone. 

We all went silent again as the time slowly passed. 

I just hope everything goes as it's planned...

Joelle's pov

Hours after Yuna spoke with me, Chaelyn finally returned to where I was but something was different. Chaelyn had cuts all over her, her lip was bleeding and she was limping. 

They must have hurt her....I never wanted this to happen...

"Jo...they want to use me as some kind of ransom. They want my dad to give them money in order for me to be let go". She says softly. 

"And what's wrong with that? You won't be in danger". 

"I don't want to leave you here". 

"Chaelyn, I'll be fine, all that matters is that if your dad does give them the money, and I have a strong feeling he will, you'll be safe". I smile. "And if you see Jisung, tell him we're in a building near a corn field and please...tell him that I'm okay and that this situation I'm in...it's too deep and I want him to keep his promise that he made to me". 

"H-how do you know that?".

"I woke up in a office and there was a broken window so I climbed through and I got out but I failed...these guys caught me and took me to Taemin and he told them to take me back here". 

"Damn, so he's here?". Chaelyn pauses. "If everything goes well, I'll tell him, don't worry Joelle".

Just then, a loud banging sound echos around the room as a large metal door swings open, revealing five dark figures. 

"Time to see if your father has that money". A man says in deep voice before walking towards the cells.  

"Are you going to hurt me again?". Chaelyn says with a shaky voice.

"My.....is that you Kim Joelle? I never asked Yuna to get you. My sweet dear, what are you doing here?". The man says, completely ignoring Chaelyn. 

The man walks into the light so we could see him clearly but it only causes a rush of anger and disgust go throughout my body.

"I should have known the whole damn Park family was involved in this". I glare at him. "And Chaelyn asked you something, Taehyuk, why don't you answer her?". 

"Feisty, now I remember why I liked you so much". He pauses before turning to a guy behind him. "Get her". 

The man then opens up Chaelyn's cell before aggressively pulling her up and out of the cell. 

"Joelle!! No no no- JOELLE". She yells as she begins crying frantically. 

"Chaelyn please you'll be fine". I say, my own tears threatening to fall. 

Oh god...please remember to tell Jisung what I said earlier and please be okay...

"LET ME GO". Chaelyn yells at the man as she tries her best to break free from his grasp. 

"Get her in the car". Taehyuk says, glaring at the two of them. "I hate to leave so early but I got places to be". 

"If you hurt her, I will hurt you back, don't even test me Park Taehyuk". I say, placing my hands on the metal bars.