Chapter 1: First confession

I ran to my house sobbing, along the way. I didn't think confessing my feelings to my crush could have such dire consequences. Everyone already knew I was a boy despite wearing a girl's uniform. Then why are they so surprised and revolted when I confess to a girl? I didn't think Naomi could be so venomous. Not only did she laugh in my face and call me names, she brought a gang of boys and asked them to beat me up. The boys pushed me around and called me names, laughing in my face. I couldn't take it anymore. So I've come running home.

I ran up the stairs of my home, grateful that no one was home. As soon as I got into my room, I locked the door and went into the shower. I felt dirty, being man handled and shoved around by those ugly, mean boys. It felt so scary. My heart still wouldn't stop pounding in fear. I don't know what about them was so scary at that moment but I instinctively feared over something when they ganged up on me and started grabbing and shoving me around.

I turned on the shower and slid down the wall to sit on the floor, hugging my knees. I could hear my phone ringing but I couldn't care less. I felt like I wanted to puke. I was too shaken and disturbed. It took me a while to even cry in earnest. Boys don't cry. I kept telling myself that but today, my eyes wouldn't stop the tears and my heart wouldn't stop constricting painfully. I am still scared and trembling. I hate this. I should have fought back. The thought brought on more shame. I am such a coward. I am never going to confess to any girl again even if I have to die alone, I told myself but that thought brought with it a painful bitterness.

Being lonely forever, is that what god had intended for me? Or would there be some girl who actually loves me for who I am? I had to become a boy faster. There was no other choice. I am already called a lesbian. But I am not a lesbian because I am a boy. Why doesn't anyone understand that? I felt sick. Everyone, including my mum thinks I am delusional. I don't know how long it took for my body to stop trembling.

Why was I scared so much? I've lived my life fighting with boys but something about the way they ganged up on me today, felt sinister. Nobody stood up against them. They were the school's rich boys after all. The only one who does stand up against them would not stand for me because he is my enemy. Well, I am glad he didn't witness my humiliation. By now even Ed, Kyle and Fabian would have heard of what had happened.

I stood up and stumbled. I felt weak and exhausted despite not suffering any physical damage. I grabbed my towel and dried myself after taking off my wet uniform. That was when I saw the reddish marks of fingers on my skin and chest. My chest hitched in fear and I told myself to not cry. It was over already. I was out of danger because they were no longer here with me. Quickly I dressed myself and dived into my bed, burrowing into the thick blanket. My phone kept ringing and it wouldn't stop. With a sigh, I went over to my bag while hogging the blanket. Taking my phone from my bag, I saw it was Ed. I looked at it warily. I didn't want to talk to anyone right then. But I guess Ed was worried.

I took the call and I heard Ed scream out in anxiety.

"Ell you okay? Oh my god! I can't believe the R4 ganged up on you. Did they hurt you? Should I tell Levi to kill them?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "I am okay. I just want to sleep, Ed. Besides, Leviathan couldn't care less about what someone did to me." I told him tiredly.

"But Levi stands up for everyone." He started. Yeah, he stands up for everyone. But I just knew he wouldn't stand up for me. He is nice to everyone too except me. With me, he's always making me furious. I think we developed an instant dislike for each other on the day we met in Osher's house eleven years ago.

"I don't care. I don't want his help." I snapped, feeling irritated that we were discussing about my arch enemy at a time like this.

"Why do you hate him so much?" He said with a sigh, knowing he wouldn't get any answers from me. I guess, I don't really hate him. He is honestly nice to everyone at school and helps the weak from being bullied. He is very helpful to everyone indiscriminately and is surprisingly the best student in the whole school.