Chapter 9: Cade Pietro

Ellie's POV

"Hey, I am going out to make a double key for you. Are we still going for the tournament?" Levi asked me and I recalled the tournament for which I had bought the tickets from Richie earlier today.

"Um, is this tournament attended only by few people?" I asked him and Levi shrugged.

"It maybe in thousands if Blood Phoenix really joins." He said and my eyes widened.

"Okay. Then we must definitely go to it. But I don't want to meet Richie or Hans." I said and Levi raised his eyebrow at that.

"Did something happen with them?" He asked me curiously.

"Nope." I said giving him my most innocent look.

"Okay." He said although he looked suspicious.

"I will come back soon. Lock the door." He told me before leaving. I locked after him and quickly prepared to go to the tournament. I smiled at myself in the mirror on Levi's cupboard. I was finally living the life I could have lived all along. I would see a street fight tournament and perhaps someday I could learn enough and beat Levi too.

As Levi said, he came back early with a duplicate key for me. I was ready by then and we had only half an hour before the match. Levi wanted to take a shower and I waited for him to get ready. Thankfully he finished very quickly before I could even finish checking what my friends were up to on Facebook. I didn't try to contact them because I had way too much to tell them. If I did contact them and they knew what I was up to, they would ask too many questions. I think it can wait for Sunday.

I followed Levi as he left the room. I was becoming quite familiar with getting behind his bike now, I thought as I sat behind him. It was distracting that he had worn some kind of cologne. For some reason the fact that his hair wasn't completely dry also distracted me. It was freezing outside. But he was wearing his leather jacket over the sleeveless t-shirt he was wearing. So I guess it's okay. I guess I love the sound of the motorbike when it starts up. It's honestly the most sexiest sound. If only Levi would drive it like it deserved, I thought with a pout.

"Levi, let's take it full speed." I said in his ear as I held onto him from behind. It was becoming easier to prop my helmeted head against his shoulder.

"No." He said immediately.

"But..but.." I sputtered. How could someone with so many tattoos be so boring? I thought as I glared at his head.

"Will you teach me how to ride a motorbike?" I asked him and he didn't answer for the longest time before he said.

"Okay. But you won't ride my bike." He told me and I scowled at his back again. Seriously, the bike was wasted on him.

I watched Levi ride out of our small town into a more derelict area. He started driving in narrow deserted lanes before he stopped in a very well lit area with many people around. He parked his bike in the allocated parking spot. It actually seemed like a big football stadium type of place from the way it was built. People were going in from many gates. Black clothed guards wearing fit black t-shirts and black jeans guarded the gates and checked the tickets. I looked at the people entering. There were even girls wearing fashionable clothes. It was loud and rambunctious. Inside I could hear some kind of rock concert event going on with the announcer counting down until tournament time.

"Wow.." I said as I dismounted Levi's bike and removed my helmet. It looked so cool.

"I didn't know gangsters could come up with something like this." I said, my eyes glittering. I've never been to a heavy metal concert, let alone any concert. So I was really excited. Given the amount of people in the area, it was unlikely that Hans or Richie could find us. That was reassuring.