Chapter 5: Better male

After a lot of bickering, we were on our way home finally. It was difficult to ride behind Levi's bike. It wasn't that he wasn't a good rider, I just didn't know where I could place my hands on him without looking like his girl friend. I've tried keeping my hands on the rear fender without touching him and almost felt like I'd fall anytime. Wasn't there anything I could do without pressing up against his back? I wondered as he rode on like nothing was wrong. Why did I get on the backseat of his motorbike anyway? He said he had never ridden with a passenger and asked me to go by bus if I was concerned for my safety. He could have just gone by car. That's how he had brought me to his house anyway. But he insisted he didn't have money. The stupid pauper!

This morning I had woken up and forgotten all the rules he had told me and decided to take a shower early in the morning at exactly the time he had said he showers in the morning. And what did the buffoon do? He decided to share the shower with me. There was no lock in the bathroom. I had to run out of the shower when I had not finished showering because he decided to join me. He took his own sweet time showering and I was freezing outside, still wet from the shower. He wasn't even apologetic stating I was the one who forgot the rules.

As if that wasn't enough, after I finished my shower, he asked me to help him clean the room. Who cleans their room after a shower? And he puts a whole new meaning to the word "cleaning". I had to change the sheets, pillow cases, dust and vacuum the whole place with him. By the time I finished I wanted to shower again and it was already after six. He says he does a thorough cleaning every weekend. I was waiting to tell him I needed to go home early but didn't feel like insisting on things too much. I was hoping he would remember it. Besides, I figured I should do my share of things if I decide to stay with him. But anyway he went overboard with the cleaning.

After that he asked me what I would like to have for breakfast and I told him I liked blueberry muffins, poached eggs, potato hash brown, oat with strawberries and banana milkshake for breakfast. He looked at me as if I've sprouted another head before snapping "Do it yourself". If the only choice he had for breakfast is cornflakes, cornflakes and more cornflakes why even ask what I would like to have for breakfast? I was used to having good food to eat because my mum was an excellent cook. I never had to clean or cook before. Mum did all of that. I helped sometimes if I felt like it. She never even asks. I realized how much I missed mum then.

I still felt hungry after eating only cornflakes and bread for breakfast. I don't know how Leviathan gets all his muscles without eating much. He seemed to be okay with eating little. By the time we finished breakfast with him doing his homework also at the same time, it was past seven. Some kids came knocking on the door and Leviathan left with them telling me he was going to be back soon. He returned after an hour and I was fuming. Obviously he had gone to play with them from how he was sweating by the time he returned. He went to take a shower afterwards and it was past eight by then.

"Hey, what happened to me getting my clothes from home? Didn't you say that yesterday?" I snapped at him when he came out of the shower.

"Oh yeah. I forgot." He said and smiled goofily as if I would be happy with that.

Jason would be up by now, I thought in annoyance. I shouldn't have waited for him. But I didn't have a cent of money with me to go around. It was infuriating.

"I need money. Give it." I demanded and he raised his eyebrow at that.

"Why must I give you money? You are not my wife or sister or friend or anything." He said with a shrug and I growled.

"Give it. I will return it later." I said as I tried bargaining with him.

"What's with that? You are not cute at all. Ask nicely and I might give it." He said, ignoring me and turning his back at me.