Chapter 27: Malice

Back in my first class, I was still in a daze. The teacher was handing out some worksheet and everyone was doing it quietly. I was just worried about the turn of events. I rubbed my bald hair in frustration. How do I handle a flirty Levi? I've dealt with all kinds of Levi but never had to deal with a flirty one. Worse, my own sanity seems to leave me when he gets too close to me. How could I tolerate the night with him? I wondered. And if I didn't return what would he think?

Why is this happening to me? Why? Just why?

I realized suddenly that I had screamed it out loud and was standing in my class.

"Ms. Elliot. Please refrain from creating teenage drama until after you finished your Maths test." The teacher said to me and I heard snickers from around me.

Huh? What do you mean Maths test? I wondered as I quietly sat down while the teacher looked at me with a scowl. My eyes goggled out when I saw I had written Levi's name, hearts and why all over my test paper.

"No." I said grabbing my hair and without thought I ended up shredding the Maths paper to bits.

I looked up to see my teacher giving me a shocked look.

"Ms. Arnett, can I have one more paper?" I asked warily and her eyes twitched.

"Out of my class. Right now Ms. Elliot." She snapped. I grimaced but then complied. This was all Levi's fault and that Richie's fault, I thought fumingly as I went out of the classroom. To my surprise, the devil appeared right before me and he smiled at me. I stood frozen as I stared at him and then shook my head.

"Nope. You are in my imagination." I told myself firmly. God! He is everywhere and he seemed to be closing in on me.

"Wait! Stop!" I said loudly and he stopped, giving me a curious look. He actually stopped and wasn't smiling.

"Thank god. I had enough of your smiley face." I muttered and Levi made a taken aback look.

"Sorry..for smiling." He said reluctantly.

"You actually apologized for once. My god! You ruined my test by appearing everywhere and now you apologize. Incognito! Like go! Disappear! You don't exist really..so don't just stand there." I told him and he looked at me as if I've grown two heads.

"Err..What?" He asked me, looking like he had no idea what I was speaking about and that just did it.

"Oh my god! I just can't figure it. It's driving me crazy. There's you..there's me and there's this little kid in my future now. You know..the dimpled..black haired girl? I can also see her. So the big question is..who..gets pregnant? Are you going to turn into a girl? But I can't imagine such a big girl. How are you going to get pregnant and breastfeed her and stuff when you don't have breasts?" I screamed, shaking the image of Levi before me.

Wait! I could shake him. He is..solid? I looked around me slowly as I saw everyone giving me weird looks. Very slowly, I turned my head towards Levi. My hands were on his chest now. For some reason I groped his chest and he caught my hands.

"You have..breasts..I mean..solid..." I couldn't complete the sentence as realization dawned on me. I wasn't talking to an imaginary Levi. I was talking to the real one who looked like I was an alien that just jumped out of a UFO. My face turned so red, I felt like steam was coming out of my ears.

"Oh my god!" I said with dread.

"Ellie!" Levi called me, grabbing me.

"I feel sick." I said immediately. He was the last person I wanted to see right then.