Chapter 40: Surgery

"What do you want dude?" Richie asked him.

He smirked. "Aren't you one of Osher's lackeys. Wait! You are his engineer aren't you?" He asked.

Richie gave him an unimpressed look.

"Let's go Elle." Richie told me, ignoring Eric.

"Today, I lost a large sum of money and I am hoping someone who owes me would not forget the promise made between us." Eric said vaguely. I knew he was saying it to me. Richie just looked annoyed.

"Look. It sucked really bad to lose money because of Levi. We lost too. If you want it back so much, why don't you go and ask Lucas Pietro to pay back?" Richie asked. He probably thought Eric was talking about his gang's arrangement in sponsoring Levi's tournament.

Eric gave me a long look.

"Yeah..I didn't think you would like to meet him just like Osher. So forget the money okay dude? If Levi gets back on his feet and somehow still comes over to meet us, I am sure Osher will remind him to pay back what was lost. Be patient." Richie said.

"I have my ways of getting back what is owed to me." He replied with a snarky smile and then left.

"What's wrong with that dude?" Richie muttered before walking back towards the lift that would take us to the gynae ward. I sighed as we climbed into the lift together. I knew that last threat was actually aimed at me. I had to talk to my mother about this. I had to talk to someone.

I walked back, deep in thought to my bed. Danny still remained there looking irritated. She grabbed my hand first and took me to the bathroom to get back her clothes.

"So, what happened? Did you get to meet him?" She asked me uninterestedly. I didn't reply because I had more pressing problems.

"Hey!" She shook me when I just took off my cardigan and jeans and gave it to her lifelessly.

"I have to talk to my mother." I told her quickly as she gave me my hospital pajama bottoms. I changed into it quickly.

"Hey, wait! You always have a penchant for getting into trouble. What is it now?" She asked me and I gave her an uneasy look.

"Sorry Danny. After what happened, I have no reason to trust you. Who knows, you might blackmail me again. Am I wrong?" I asked and she frowned.

"You are right. You shouldn't trust me." She said with the frown still on her face. I sighed at that and ran out to see my mother as soon as I finished changing. I had to talk to her about Eric. Thankfully she was alone by my hospital bedside when I came. A nurse came in to remind her that visiting hours were going to be over soon. Only one attendant could remain if necessary. Mum tried to leave to talk to Richie and Allen. But I held her hand. She looked at me worriedly seeing my serious expression.

"Mum..I need to talk to you." I told her solemnly. She nodded and sat beside my bed. I was reluctant at first to talk about the deal I made with Eric. Her face paled as I explained everything to her.

"Ellie, you are just so reckless. Just why do you do things like this?" She asked as she stood up in distress and started pacing the floor.

"I only wanted to protect my family and my home." I said defensively and she glared at me.

"You only compounded the problem." She replied back heatedly. I groaned. I should have known she would only scold me.

"I could have done it, if I didn't get admitted here." I told her.

"Well, that's exactly it. You don't make deals with the devil because you don't know what life would throw at you. You lose all reason when you get fired up, Ellie. My god! Why would you think you could win in a fighting match? You are not a boy! You are a girl! Girls shouldn't go around picking fights." She gasped, looking sick.

A boy girl loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें