Chapter 24: Deal with the devil

Elliot's POV

I walked into the Tournament grounds with Levi by my side. Unlike the first time we came to the same place, we were escorted inside by a bunch of girls wearing skimpy leather clothes and two burly men. I glanced at Levi and whispered.

"Is this how they escort you every time?" I asked him and he shrugged. I guess that was his way of saying "yes". I shook my head as I watched the girls lead us down to one of the rooms built under the arena seating area. The stadium was filled up and it was very loud already with people screaming and cheering.

It reminded me of the first time we came to the Tournament and met Cade. When we entered the room with Levi's name on it, I saw Richie, Hans and Osher speaking to someone. They looked very troubled as they argued with the man. It took them a while to notice us. Osher looked at Levi grimly and then at me. His eyes narrowed when he saw me.

"Why is she here? Isn't the mess you made with Eric enough?" He asked Levi and Levi scowled at him.

"I can bring whoever I want." He said coldly and I felt everyone's unwelcome gazes on me. I looked away uneasily.

Osher stretched his neck in a gesture of annoyance and exasperation. "Forget it!" He snapped finally as he came over to Levi.

"Levi, the administrator says you have to fight eight matches tonight. They are not giving us a choice." He said and my eyes widened as I looked at Levi's surprise.

"But..so suddenly?" He asked, looking at the man in the room.

"I am sorry. We made an exception for you in the first place. Just take up the offer or drop out." The man said. Levi frowned at that. He glanced at me warily. I watched the man who informed us about the Tournament Administrator's order leave us.

"Look dude, you can do this." Richie said and Levi scowled.

"The hell I can!" He snapped.

"This is that bastard Cade's doing. He is pulling the strings isn't he?" Levi growled, looking angry.

"Oh the feel of your love for me is heart warming." I heard someone's amused voice. We all turned to see Cade casually strolling into the room with two guards on both sides.

Levi started to rush towards him with violence in his eyes, but Osher held him back. Cade chuckled as he stopped before an enraged Levi.

"Shouldn't you be grateful that I gave you a second opportunity? I thought you would thank me." He said with a sneer.

"Why would I thank a slimy bastard like you? Give me back my money, asshole." Levi demanded, his nose flaring as he struggled in Osher's hold to get closer to Cade. He almost managed to push away Osher, when Hans and Richie also grabbed him.

"You think attacking me would get back your money?" Cade asked with a laugh.

"Boy, you are so naïve. The only way I will return your money is if you defeat me in the final match of this Tournament. Remember that. You better work your ass off to deserve a chance to fight me in the finals." He said and to my shock, Levi flipped Hans and Richie over his shoulder and charged at Cade. The guard beside Cade moved faster and blocked the punch aimed at Cade's face. I watched as the guard's nose spurted blood and Cade's eyes went livid.

Within seconds it escalated into a full on fight with Cade pulling back his guard and punching Levi. Levi punched back as well and sent Cade staggering to the wall. I watched Cade kick him in the chest with his feet. Osher, Hans and Richie stepped in, pulling Levi back and to my shock, pouring water with ice cubes on his head. I watched Levi turn on them angrily while Cade's guards tried to pull him back as well. Cade wiped the blood from his nose. Levi looked somewhat fine except for an angry looking bruise near his left eye.