Chapter 10: Bomb

For some reason I couldn't sleep well that night. I saw Cade's match even in my dreams. In my dreams, instead of the Reaper it was Levi who was fighting against Cade. I woke up with a startled gasp seeing Cade rip his knife across Levi's stomach. I saw that it wasn't even 4.30am from Levi's bedside clock. I glanced at the sofa to see Levi lying on his stomach. If he moved even a bit, he would fall from the sofa. But he seemed to stay in one place. I looked at the bed. It looked huge enough for two. I suppose I would have to buy a mattress as well tomorrow, I thought as I went to sleep, staring at Levi. Something about his sleeping face relaxed me I guess.

The next time, I woke up to the smell of omlettes. Getting up from bed I let my nose lead me to the kitchen area in the room. Levi was already dressed up and the sun was also already up by the looks of it.

"What are you making?" I asked curiously as I tried peering at what he was preparing on the stove. I salivated at seeing pan cakes.

"Dude, you cook quite well for a guy." I said punching his bicep. He raised his eyebrow at me at that.

"That again?" He murmured.

"I'll take a very quick shower. Wait for me." I said as I quickly ran into shower. Within a few minutes, I brushed my teeth and took a shower. I realized then that there was no towel.

"Levi, give me a towel. Make it quick" I hollered as I opened the door. As unamused Levi appeared with the towel.

"Hey, don't look. Turn away." I said as I grabbed the towel from him and spun him around to face the opposite direction.

I quickly toweled myself dry and ran into the room. To my surprise, the table was set for the both of us. I was surprised Levi actually waited for me. I went straight to the table with the towel around my chest. Levi gaped at that.

"Go wear your clothes." He snapped.

"You go half naked as well. It's not a big deal. I don't want my tea to go cold." I told him.

"But.." Levi's eyes twitched as I started eating. Looking annoyed, I watched him grab his leather jacket and beanie before coming over to me and putting his jacket over my exposed shoulders. He even covered my head with his beanie. He does have his good traits, I thought with amusement as he sat down muttering something under his breath.

"It's delicious." I said as I made appreciative sounds while eating, licking my fingers. I glanced at Levi to find him looking flustered at me.

"Why are you all flustered looking?" I teased him.

"Shut up." He snapped as he ignored looking at me.

"It's early and you are all dressed up. Where are you going?" I asked him. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6.30 in the morning.

"To work." He said with a shrug.

"This early?" I asked him and he said "Yeah."

"But the Pizza shop opens at 9." I said and he smiled at me.

"I have another job at a construction company. I do construction work." He said and I blinked at him in surprise.

"How many jobs do you have?" I asked him curiously.

"It's only three jobs." He said and I frowned.

"What three jobs?" I asked him.

"There's the pizza place, the construction place and finally I work as a bartender at night." He said.

I gaped at him. "How do you find time to do all that?" I asked him.

"It's not so bad." He said nonchalantly and I could only stare at him. Why did he have to work so hard?