Chapter 12: Accepted

I glanced at the school's queen bee as she came and sat beside me in Accounting class.

"Hi." She said cheerfully to me.

I looked warily at her. She never spared me a glance before. Her friends took seats around us. I said "hi" back to her uneasily. Natalie Richards was a very beautiful girl who already did modeling for big brands. I suppose my heart should race for a beautiful girl like her as I've read in books. But I could only feel puzzled as to why she came and sat beside me. Since the teacher hasn't arrived, students were talking amongst themselves. I could still see them casting me rude glances as they talked to each other.

"You know, I am a LGBT supporter." She said and I blinked at her in surprise.

"You came out on Friday and I thought you would stand by your true self." She told me. I flushed at that. Maybe I felt a bit guilty.

"You are not giving a very good message to others who would want to come out if you back track like that." She told me. I chewed my bottom lip at that. She had a point I guess.

"It's hard but you have to face it if you don't want to lie to yourself." She told me. I frowned at that. What would she know about it?

As if she heard my unvoiced question, she told me. "My best friend likes girls and she had always kept her eye on you."

My eyes widened in startled surprise. Everyone knew her best friend Daniella Stewart. She was a notorious bully. She liked me? I gaped at her.

"Then why did I not know of it before?" I asked her and she laughed.

"You are surrounded by the school's soccer stars. And now you are with Levi of all people. You are hard to approach." She said.

I looked at her. Her face didn't show any kind of malice. I couldn't ignore the fact that she was a very close friend of Naomi too. I wondered if I should reply by saying she could have approached me the way she was doing now.

"Would you like to meet Danny today?" She asked me and I looked warily. Would this technically be cheating on Levi? I wondered.

Seeing my hesitation Natalie said. "We all know you and Levi cannot be an item. I mean your confession to Naomi was heartfelt. When you guys came in today, you seemed uncomfortable around Levi. You don't have to do this you know? We were determined to protect you today if you were courageous enough to come to school after what happened on Friday."

I felt my resolve waver. I wondered if I should defend my relationship with Levi. It was only the first day.

"I, um, promised Levi.." I started uneasily and she sighed loudly.

"No need to elaborate. I understand. Why don't you just hang out with us for a bit until you can decide what you want?" She asked me and I still looked at her suspiciously. The class soon started and the day went on like almost normal. At lunch time, as usual I sat at the table where Ed, Kyle and Fabian sat together. We were just starting when Levi came in.

"Your boyfriend.." Ed said, elbowing me. Levi glanced at us and waved before joining the food queue in the cafeteria.

"You are such a cruel girl friend to not join your boyfriend." Kyle said and I glared at him. As usual Levi sat by himself. He always did his homework during lunch break. Even if anyone joined him, he would barely look up from doing his work. He could have easily joined our table but he usually doesn't.

"He's doing his homework." I grumbled.

"Besides we are in a fake relationship." I whispered only for my friends' ears.